Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 12-11-2015, 10:09 PM
Initiate

Default Is pvp a feature Crate will improve ?

Just a question : do crate plan on making an actual pvp mode ?

I mean we could have some arena mode with a bigger health pool. I don't know... because pvp as it is has no purpose. So either Crate is gonna leave it like that or enhance it. Is that something planned ? I was thinking of some kind of arena mode with special loot ad prize.

I don't want to have a big debate over this. I just want to know if they are thinking about it or not.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:22 PM
Emissary

no please. no spend more time working pvp in this game
Old 12-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Praetorian

Doubtful, at least for the time being. It's not a priority, the story mode is just about complete, once that is done, maybe.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:37 PM
Emissary

no Please. Once have done story mode, better more work in larger story mode. PVE rules XD
Old 12-11-2015, 10:50 PM
Counsel

I would prefer that Crate tackle the numerous cooperative multiplayer bugs first. Then they can think about PVP. But the answer is probably no.
Bring me my cross of gold as a talisman.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:21 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDQUINT View Post
no Please. Once have done story mode, better more work in larger story mode. PVE rules XD

I know I said no debate but I just don't understand that kind of attitude. I'm not saying to force pvp down everyone's throat but it could add some nice change and variety to the game as a separate game mode. I know it's difficult to do but Diablo 2 had great PvP too if I recall.

Why did crate induce pvp in the game if it's to just let it die . No one is playing pvp because there is no incentive no reward. If they wanted to do a classic arpg focused on pve they shouldn't have put the possibility to do pvp at all.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:27 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eder View Post
I know I said no debate but I just don't understand that kind of attitude. I'm not saying to force pvp down everyone's throat but it could add some nice change and variety to the game as a separate game mode. I know it's difficult to do but Diablo 2 had great PvP too if I recall.
it is easy to understand, PvP requires a lot of balancing that will also affect PvE and potentially be rather detrimental to it

Quote:
Why did crate induce pvp in the game if it's to just let it die . No one is playing pvp because there is no incentive no reward. If they wanted to do a classic arpg focused on pve they shouldn't have put the possibility to do pvp at all.
I vote for removing PvP then...
Old 12-11-2015, 11:32 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eder View Post

The problem is that balancing for PvP creates bleed over into PvE unless you isolate each from each other completely; which really just means overhauling the PvE and spinning it out into a different game. So yes, in a way you're forcing everyone to accept PvP whether they're interested in it or not.

I'm not entirely sure where PvP came from but I'd hazard a guess that it was introduced by fan request and not something the developers intended on fully supporting.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:35 PM
Emissary

there is no question of forcing something. it's about that time can be devoted to PvE. And above all it is a question that pvp always spoils the pve. at least in my opinion and experience in other games

edit.

mamba explained better than I
Old 12-12-2015, 12:09 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDQUINT View Post
there is no question of forcing something. it's about that time can be devoted to PvE. And above all it is a question that pvp always spoils the pve. at least in my opinion and experience in other games

edit.

mamba explained better than I
One of the best recent examples is Dark Souls II where PVE got obliterated because scrubs can't dodge ranged attacks.
Closed Thread

Tags
pvp