Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Bug Reporting

Old 09-16-2018, 05:52 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beomir View Post
Didn't try that. That would be approximately 1 year old drivers. The other guy in the steam forum who had the same bug (https://steamcommunity.com/app/21999...6180604893114/) said that it came with an game update.
To absolutely rule out drivers, i'd suggest trying the last known good ones: if they too have this issue, then drivers aren't the problem.

Since verifying game files yields no errors, it doesn't appear to be the game either.

Could it be a Windows update that is interfering, somehow?

If not, i'm out of ideas dude
Old 09-16-2018, 06:50 PM
Initiate

The game update 1.02 was released shortly before the other guy reported this bug in the steam forum and it brought a big direct x 11 engine update. He said that he didn't have problems before.

Maybe it has something to do with it.

"The game engine has received a major overhaul to its renderer, allowing the game to run on DirectX11. While results will vary from system to system, this will generally result in improved performance"

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56477

Last edited by Beomir; 09-16-2018 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:41 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beomir View Post
The game update 1.02 was released shortly before the other guy reported this bug in the steam forum and it brought a big direct x 11 engine update. He said that he didn't have problems before.

Maybe it has something to do with it.

"The game engine has received a major overhaul to its renderer, allowing the game to run on DirectX11. While results will vary from system to system, this will generally result in improved performance"

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56477
You can bypass DirectX 11 by right-clicking Grim Dawn (see pic below), choosing properties / set launch options and place "/D3D9" (without the quotes). This will force the game to run under DirectX 9.

I said nothing about the game version so i think you are confusing things. When i said drivers, i meant video card drivers for whatever card you're using @ the moment. What i suggested was for you to remove the current video card drivers and install whatever drivers you had on before this problem 1st manifested itself to see if returning to said drivers "fixed" the issue: if it did, then the newer drivers were to blame and, if not, then the newer drivers weren't the problem to begin with.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:01 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by H T C View Post

I said nothing about the game version so i think you are confusing things. When i said drivers, i meant video card drivers for whatever card you're using @ the moment. What i suggested was for you to remove the current video card drivers and install whatever drivers you had on before this problem 1st manifested itself to see if returning to said drivers "fixed" the issue: if it did, then the newer drivers were to blame and, if not, then the newer drivers weren't the problem to begin with.
I meant the guy in the steam forum who had the same problem.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/21999...6180604893114/

I will try to force the game to DX 9. Thanks for that hint.

Edit:

I found that:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/21999...1734124219001/

Repair.exe and deleting Options.txt didnīt help. But forcing the game to DirectX 9 solved the problem. Thatīs OK but still a little disappointing.

Last edited by Beomir; 09-17-2018 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:09 AM
Initiate

Had this issue pop up recently and in my case it turned out to be the on screen display from my msi gaming app after a graphics card upgrade. Ended up being the one thing i had to change, no file verifying or direct x changes etc. So if anyone is having this issue still, try getting rid of any and all on screen displays that arent built into grim dawn.

Also this issue when it was happening was massively screwing with steps of torment runs as it was making the visuals there a total clusterf&%k so its not confined to just the menu but ive only ever seen it in those 2 spots.

Last edited by rosshilge; 12-13-2018 at 05:12 AM.