Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > Modding - Projects

Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silben View Post
Option one can easily be explained in a single sentence of red text, in game.

Option 2 is a bit more in depth to explain and therefore likely couldn't fit on a (reasonable) in game tooltip, which means if you come in down the line and missed the patch notes where the feature was added you'd need to search through the documentation to find out why your UI seems to be preventing you from removing this skill point.

If game forums tell you anything it is that most people don't actually read documentation if it isn't easily found in game AND simple (like one line of red text = okay, a paragraph or more in patch notes will get missed)
You misunderstood. With option 2 you could remove the skill point. Option 2 solves the skill point problem, but when you highlight the skill, say in your skill bar, it'll be stuck at lvl 1 even though its dmg will change as you put points into it.

Again Option 2:
Say dreegs evil eye line looks like [ ]----O-----O-----O
I added an invisible skill that you can't see [ ]----O-----O-----O X
The solution that is option 2 is to turn Dreeg's evil eye into a modifier and add an invisible skill at the front that would be the main skill instead of a modifier:
[X] [ ]-----O-----O-----O X

[] = active skill, O = modifier, X = invisible skill, [X] = invisible main skill.

Let me make it very simple: You can't remove a skill point because there's an invisible modifier attached to the main skill with a skill point in it.
I could turn the main skills into modifiers for another invisible main skill. This would allow you to never encounter the locked in point. It'd just make your tooltip read level 1 no matter what. (literally level 1, not level 1 stats, just level 1 in the description)

# of level 85 characters I have atm: 7

Last edited by adoomgod; Yesterday at 08:42 AM.
Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM
Herald

Okay, that does make more sense...

I guess if it isn't too much trouble the 2nd option would be better...

Guess its just your judgement on if it is worth the effort or not. Option 1 doesn't seem too bad to me, then again as I said I tend not to fully revamp characters.
Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM
Acolyte

K.I.S.S. If you are familiar with this mnemonic then you will know I vote for option one.
Go with what you feel is best, this is a great mod that isn't going to be broken +/- one skill point.
Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicbeard View Post
K.I.S.S. If you are familiar with this mnemonic then you will know I vote for option one.
Go with what you feel is best, this is a great mod that isn't going to be broken +/- one skill point.
Well put

/10chars