Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 05-15-2018, 12:38 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
Yes, we have Sharzul. Main difference from Sharzul is Blazerush attempts to be a niche weapon for Fire Elementalist while Sharzul is the generic one, so a more synergetic class like Purifier wins.

I don't know, I haven't tried Blazerush this patch. On paper there are so many issues with Blazerush elementalist as opposed to Ultos Savagery elementalist that L2F on Stormcaller Pact might actually be necessary to even them out. But then I'm not sure it would be Fire Strike and not Fire Savagery instead.
I can chime in here. I HAVE tried Blazerush because I was morbidly curious about its effectiveness, and I was the one the suggested the Upheaval change which made it through to the last patch. Itís much better than it was pre-patch, but in order to make it 170 viable I had to drop almost all my points in grenado. It ended up working (kinda poorly), but I absolutely could not make it function effectively when I invested in both grenado + fire strike. Iím at a loss as to how to let it keep it its own weird little identity while still making it competitively viable. If I have to stop investing in one of the skills which it modifies (grenado) it kinda defeats the purpose.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:17 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzblaster View Post
I can chime in here. I HAVE tried Blazerush because I was morbidly curious about its effectiveness, and I was the one the suggested the Upheaval change which made it through to the last patch. Itís much better than it was pre-patch, but in order to make it 170 viable I had to drop almost all my points in grenado. It ended up working (kinda poorly), but I absolutely could not make it function effectively when I invested in both grenado + fire strike. Iím at a loss as to how to let it keep it its own weird little identity while still making it competitively viable. If I have to stop investing in one of the skills which it modifies (grenado) it kinda defeats the purpose.
I think the weapon can serve both grenado builds (with Baka's suggestions) and serve auto-attackers separately. I don't think one mod should influence the other cause they're very different
Identity is the main reason why I am not cracking jokes like adding Sun Spot to the weapon (but seriously Crate, give me that skill already)

Primal Strike was suggested by me because it could use some diversity.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-15-2018, 01:36 PM
Champion

Quote:
Spark of Reality -

Spoiler!
A weird Scepter with no apparent use as of yet. Would love the community's suggestions as to what can be done about it
There was a tread about this Wrath of Ascendant poor brother.
I suggest to get rid of +1 Arcanist, switch it to +1Demo and add vitality to aether conversion on it.
Quote:
Blazerush
Grenade modifiers look weird on 2h mace w/o any mana regen on it. Everyone who tried non-sorc grenade build remember mana PITA . So its another of these weird items that are hard to use.
Either make it a caster stuff with CDR, mana reduction cost etc, or a melee-autoatacker mace with Fire Savagery?
Quote:
Warpfire
Is fine as it is. It was oupie before, now its in a good shape.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:43 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
I suggest to get rid of +1 Arcanist, switch it to +1Demo and add vitality to aether conversion on it.
Why Demo? Curious

Quote:
Grenade modifiers look weird on 2h mace w/o any mana regen on it. Everyone who tried non-sorc grenade build remember mana PITA . So its another of these weird items that are hard to use.
Either make it a caster stuff with CDR, mana reduction cost etc, or a melee-autoatacker mace with Fire Savagery? .
Oh yeah the mana, forgot about that. Even with Light's guardian the mana cost is unbearable at times

Quote:

Is fine as it is. It was oupie before, now its in a good shape.
I was OP but the conversion rolls got screwed pretty hard

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-15-2018, 01:47 PM
Champion

Quote:
Why Demo? Curious
Defiler could use some help. =)
Old 05-15-2018, 01:49 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Yes, yes there was

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=622116

I love outlandish mods but they need to be more ridiculous to compete
Old 05-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Champion

Quote:
Mythical Fist of the Blind Assassin -
Can we turn it intro Torny maul from TQ? With 100%pierce conversion and some extra pierce bonuses? Just look at this item, it scream of penetration:uuu:
Old 05-15-2018, 07:15 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post

I love outlandish mods but they need to be more ridiculous to compete
It needs to support the main damage skills. I'd say Aether Sigil, %WD to Reap Spirit, %weapon damage to aether based ravenous earth. Something like that imo

Quote:
Can we turn it intro Torny maul from TQ? With 100%pierce conversion and some extra pierce bonuses? Just look at this item, it scream of penetration:uuu:

On a serious note a Pierce Item with Zero Armor Piercing doesn't make sense

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-16-2018, 10:20 PM
Advocate

I would really love more bleed damage on Markovian's, because Cadence has one of the most powerful sources of bleed damage in the game but there's almost no bleed-based Cadence gear to support it. Markovian's would fill that nicely.

I would really, really, REALLY hate it if Markovian's became just another "[skillname] set" like all the others. At the moment it's one of maybe three sets in the entire game that actually has some flexibility and supports characters as a concept rather than funneling them towards a single skill or pair of them.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:16 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabarto View Post
I would really love more bleed damage on Markovian's, because Cadence has one of the most powerful sources of bleed damage in the game but there's almost no bleed-based Cadence gear to support it. Markovian's would fill that nicely.
Yeah I don't recall anything besides Gutripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabarto View Post
I would really, really, REALLY hate it if Markovian's became just another "[skillname] set" like all the others. At the moment it's one of maybe three sets in the entire game that actually has some flexibility and supports characters as a concept rather than funneling them towards a single skill or pair of them.
Fair enough

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!