Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 10-23-2017, 11:43 AM
Advocate

Very interesting build! I love the concept. I am now thinking of something along the lines of converting the fire from this build to cold and then using Nightblade instead of Soldier for Night's Chill.

Anyone here know if the damage bonus from Lethal Assault also apply to the damage done by these auras?
Old 10-23-2017, 12:08 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
Very interesting build! I love the concept. I am now thinking of something along the lines of converting the fire from this build to cold and then using Nightblade instead of Soldier for Night's Chill.

Anyone here know if the damage bonus from Lethal Assault also apply to the damage done by these auras?
Lethal Assault is a buff and it works with every cold dmg you do including Night's Chill. My first version of the build was Infiltrator but it was too squishy for me. The other problem with converting the dmg to cold is that Fire constelations have better procs in my opinion. You can replace Eldritch Fire with Rumor but other then that cold devotions are inferior in my opinion. If you use fire ones and just convert the dmg then you loose all the +fire dmg bonuses from those constelations (if it works how i think it works).
Old 10-23-2017, 12:55 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzybas View Post
Lethal Assault is a buff and it works with every cold dmg you do including Night's Chill. My first version of the build was Infiltrator but it was too squishy for me. The other problem with converting the dmg to cold is that Fire constelations have better procs in my opinion. You can replace Eldritch Fire with Rumor but other then that cold devotions are inferior in my opinion. If you use fire ones and just convert the dmg then you loose all the +fire dmg bonuses from those constelations (if it works how i think it works).
Thanks. Lethal Assault working with the auras is great and might be one reason to try out Infiltrator but yeah it looks very squishy. Looks like this kind of build will really need the shield and hp skills of Soldier to be able to take good hits.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:12 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzybas View Post
Currently running the infiltrator version based on an (incomplete) mageslayer set and it is indeed squishy. My work arounds for the problems highlighted were to take blade barrier to 12 and then have kite and 3 second of invincible burn cycles on hard targets. I also focused more on elemental damage nodes and less on cold devotion procs although I should probably revisit that thinking. The final problem not mentioned is that of OA. Your options to get it suck with a Nightblade. I have less than ideal solutions there.

I am also currently debating trying a version that runs 2 Warpfires and turning all my cold into fire. Still collecting though.

As for the Cindertouch in your initial post, my suggestion is to forget about it. That fire to lightning conversion on it is not going to do you any favors, even if the proc is pretty. You are probably better off with something else like the mythical gauntlets of ignaffar.

On a related gearing note, I highly recommend mythical wyrmscale footguards for the +2 to censure and that 10K damage shield on a relatively short cooldown absorbs a lot of punishment.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:46 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lind View Post
As for the Cindertouch in your initial post, my suggestion is to forget about it. That fire to lightning conversion on it is not going to do you any favors, even if the proc is pretty. You are probably better off with something else like the mythical gauntlets of ignaffar.

On a related gearing note, I highly recommend mythical wyrmscale footguards for the +2 to censure and that 10K damage shield on a relatively short cooldown absorbs a lot of punishment.
You're correct the dmg conversion will certainly be a dps loss - i just overlooked it initialy. I will remove it when i'll make gearing update. As for the boots i'm currently using Mythical Emberstone Threads as they give more % fire dmg and resists i need.
Also i've just found Mythical Finger of Gal'dalvur and i'm debating changing stats to get enough spirit to use it or swapping some gear for additional spirit.
BIS weapon will propably be either Mythical Finger of Gal'dalvur or Rageflame Spellblade.
Currently i'm heavily farming treasure troves for recipes. Hopefully i will have some gear updates in 1-2 days.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:07 PM
Acolyte

Does Markovian's Defense (Overguard modifier) effect the aura damage?
It's a stupid question because it says "Total Damage Modified", but maybe its worth giving a shot.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:40 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellToy View Post
Does Markovian's Defense (Overguard modifier) effect the aura damage?
It's a stupid question because it says "Total Damage Modified", but maybe its worth giving a shot.
Yes it does. Only thing it doesn't affect is retalliation.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:47 PM
Initiate

I just died at 52 with my char and looking to try something new.

Which would be the best path to level, if I aim to do this build in the future?
Old 10-27-2017, 07:15 AM
Speaker

Full Disclosure guys : I've become aware of a bug/bugs with Seal of Blades and apparently other Aura items aswell. It looks like attaching devotion to the aura allows it to be procced by everything so basicly instead of having 15% to proc something by a certain aura you have 15% to proc it by any dmg. This is going to be fixed in the next patch and untill then i'm not going to post any videos as i want to see if the build is even viable after the fix - i expect single target to take some hit - Aoe should be fine. Hopefully it will still work fine after fix just with a bit lower dmg.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:28 PM
Champion

Nice build, Im loving this ˝no attack button approach˝

Hope they wont nerf attack devotion binding option on auras.

Last edited by JoV; 10-27-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Tags
auramancer, hardcore, tactician