Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Totally Random

Old 10-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Speaker

How do I disagree with the spirit of this thread without starting a flame war?

Side note: I thought contentious content wasn't allowed in forums. Or is that just the Rant forums? In which case, I'll show myself out.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchaeologist View Post
Dear RNGebus,

It appears that you have crapped in my coffee today. You suck.

I was somewhat perturbed and am now questioning my adherence to your cult, sorry, I mean church.

Your (up until now) faithful servant.
TheArchaeologist
Dear TheArchaelogist,

Take heart and hear The Word as passed to me by RNGesus, whom I personally beseeched in thine favor.

I knelt and prayed and invoked RNGesus with great urgency. On a sudden, a great and mighty voice boomed my name directly into my right ear, which I feared might burst at the volume it endured.

He said, "Fear not", as the great volume subsided, "Your ear shall not burst tho I do admit it was a close call. My wife hath refused to make me the omelette I so desired and I had ramped my voice modulation to levels a mortal should not have to endure as I was in the midst of yelling at her as you called on me. Apologies, my faithful one."

So I shook it off and said, "Thank you Lord. Your mercy is plentiful and much appreciated."

"powbam", He spake to me, "Why hath you begged intervention from me?"

So I pushed send upon my phone and forwarded him your very words, TheArchaelogist, which he promptly read. Upon finishing his laughter emanated thru my soul and filled me.

He said, "This subject, TheArchaelogist, has nothing to worry about and I bid you to relate our encounter for all to know. Tell him that even tho he directed his post at RNGebus, whom is my little brother, and tho there are minor differences between us, We are one and the same for the most part."

"Know this, powbam, faith in me is not absolute nor eternally required. I welcome the randomness of the bad drop, the hard times, the hate, the back and forth of denial and belief. Just as I welcome all of the good and the joy. For without the bad we cannot have the good. He is free to disavow as his heart desires since I did indeed crap in his coffee today. Him and millions of others. My craps are rather large."

"Yet, even tho I may fall from his favor, I am still rolling The Dice for him regardless, good or bad, and one day he will receive something good and truly epic and he will know that I was there with him in those moments, just as I am with him in every moment."

"Go and tell them, powbam, that they are never to think they are in bondage to me. May The Dice keep rolling."

And so he was gone.

May The Dice keep rolling. Amen.

Last edited by powbam; 10-10-2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirDei View Post
How do I disagree with the spirit of this thread without starting a flame war?

Side note: I thought contentious content wasn't allowed in forums. Or is that just the Rant forums? In which case, I'll show myself out.
There are no flames here and should they arise I would see them extinguished.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by powbam View Post
There are no flames here and should they arise I would see them extinguished.
Haha. I suppose I would argue that the very quintessence of the thread was flame, but I would also suppose that point is moot and unnecessary to make.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirDei View Post
Haha. I suppose I would argue that the very quintessence of the thread was flame, but I would also suppose that point is moot and unnecessary to make.
And you would suppose rightly, VirDei. All are welcome. Loot on and loot hard, friend.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:56 PM
Praetorian

This is simultaneously the dumbest and best thread on these forums. Wow.

Is true damnation never getting the drops you desire, or is it getting the drops you desire with a level requirement just out of reach? RNGESUS TAKE THE WHEEL.

Last edited by Ceno; 10-10-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:59 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
RNGESUS TAKE THE WHEEL.
Good call. Amen.

Last edited by powbam; 10-10-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Advocate

Powbam, I fully support your church take no mind of the fact the I am UN-holyegon, it just means not holy that does not mean I am evil silly people and this poor human language.

Crap the jig is up everyone knows I run the church of Lucife-RNG designed to make all your loot rolls fail.

*EVIL LAUGH*

All your puny drops belong to me lord of the items that fall thru the world into the void. Crate thought they fixed the bug but I just got cleaver and now make the items just spawn into the void mwahahaha.

RNjesus can't save your items no one can.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:27 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholyegon View Post
Powbam, I fully support your church take no mind of the fact the I am UN-holyegon, it just means not holy that does not mean I am evil silly people and this poor human language.
All are welcome here Unholyegon no matter the level of holy-ness or lack thereof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholyegon View Post
Crap the jig is up everyone knows I run the church of Lucife-RNG designed to make all your loot rolls fail.
This is decidedly awesome and epicly fits into the canon we are spitting here in the Church of RNGesus.

*and so the concept of Lucife-RNG was absorbed into the lore of RNGesus. As with Yin and Yang, RNGesus and Lucife-RNG cannot exist as one without the other. So let it be written. So let it be done.*

Last edited by powbam; 10-10-2015 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:47 PM
Speaker

I have just wiped the tears of laughter from my eyes. Once more have I faith in RNGesus and his errant son RNGebus (who is the patron saint of Homer I believe). I shall beware LucifeRNG for his loot drops of unattainable usage. Also, to those who desire more loot and riches in vast quantities, beware his gluttonous son BelphegoRNG. Here endeth my ramblings.

Tags
church, grim dawn, loot, powbam, rngesus