Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Totally Random

Old 12-17-2017, 12:03 AM
Advocate

Probably tear into stuff from the best of 2017 album lists tomorrow, but did give Charly Bliss a listen and they art fun stuff, liking their album Guppy so far and it's definitely going to grow on me with further listens.,
Old 12-17-2017, 12:36 AM
Advocate

Too damn hot (and humid) to listen to non cruisey music. Me queue up some Fly My Pretties: https://flymypretties.bandcamp.com/album/string-theory
Old 12-17-2017, 12:38 AM
Herald

the anthem of every generation after the boomers
Old 12-17-2017, 06:58 PM
Praetorian

Old 12-18-2017, 02:26 AM
Advocate

Right, 2 down off the albums of the year list, fuck knows how many more albums to listen to.

The Horrors - V Thoughts - not bad and I can understand why it's highly rated. Doesn't really catch my attention though, but I suspect that like certain other albums it'll grow on me with repeat listens. Would make for good background music, which is good since there's only a small selection of stuff I can use for that when reading at present.

Iron Chic - You Can't Stay Here. Me like, me like a lot. Sure the lyrics are heavy (it's grief-driven work) but daaaaamn, that composition. Then again, I'm biased towards punk and it's offspring :P

And Charly Bliss has carved out a deep grove in my brain, had some of their tracks playing in my head yesterday while doing a 20Km bike (mainly Scare U), along with the track Fear Is Like A Forest off Whole Lotta Sea Lice.

['Mess reads through some music news and reviews following on from reviews for You Can't Stay Here, sees Worriers]
Holy shit, there's a new Worriers album out, there goes a couple of hours...
Old 12-18-2017, 03:32 AM
Advocate

The problem with reading music sites - you can end up sent off track when you read other reviews and see stuff from artists you love and news ones.

Current deviations:

https://phoebebridgers.bandcamp.com/...er-in-the-alps
Today seems like a day for depressing music lawl, Phoebe Bridgers' album is still fluffing beautiful though

https://filthyfriends.bandcamp.com/album/invitation
Eh? A Super Group that's more than the sum of it's parts? Not striking me right away, but then again neither did Sleater-Kinney the first time I gave them a listen.

Old 12-18-2017, 05:52 PM
Herald

Old 12-18-2017, 05:56 PM
Initiate

Trying to shore up a best of 2017 album list before the years over but lately listening to

Gjendod - Nedstining
Aegrus - Thy Numinous Darkness
Weregoat - Pestilential Rites of Infernal Fornication
Evilfeast - Effigies of the Stellar Wind
Runespell - Unhallowed Blood Oath

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2017, 06:44 PM
Herald

Electroswing? Electroswing.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:16 PM
Advocate

Yesterday's link following and follow ups on best of the year lists gave lead me to give St. Vincent's Masseduction a listen. It's not bad and I can see why it's a darling of the critics simply due to damn near flawless composition (and that mastering, hello new sound test album), but doesn't really hit me aside from a few tracks (Los Ageless, Pills).

Next thing I chewed though was this:
https://noisey.vice.com/en_ca/articl...albums-of-2017

There's some damn fine metal in there, but my ears like it not when lyrics are impossible to make out. Which a pain in the arse, since I really wanted to like Rampancy. Did finally give Cayetana a listen though and I love it, their album a New Kind of Normal is sweet music to my currently more rock/punk attuned ears.

And thread needs moar Charly Bliss!:

And no, I don't just like this song because it has "I bounced so I high I peed the trampoline" in the lyrics :P Chorus is stupidly catchy too.

Tags
music