Old 03-02-2016, 09:28 AM
Supporter

Im playing Hardcore in other games for years now and trust me with this: If you re using the Alt + F4 (Logout) Trick, you re only cheating on yourself, nothing more, but thats none of my business.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:42 AM
Counsel

Funny this thread is still going..

Just to add more in...

In PoE GGG will NEVER under ANY circumstances res a hardcore character. (they once rolled the whole game back after a massive bug where a mob was 1 shotting everyone. they rolled EVERYONE back even on SC for about an hour)

But will NEVER res an individual HC character under other circumstances - this is why people use logout scripts. Even if a weird bug happened in YOUR game only. tough shit
Old 03-02-2016, 11:11 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrukn View Post
Heh, the damn Carrion Queen.
Using logout scripts isn't justified for the reasons you've mentioned, as well. Shit happens online, you better get prepared. Otherwise don't mess with HC in an online game.

Script users do the same what some people do in here, as the game title and online status doesn't matter - they just find an excuse for the cheating, as they know such actions are not cheered in HC communities.
Specifically to PoE, you can hear some HC wannabies stating "this game is balanced around altf4". So he logged out like a boss. Pathetic.
Meanwhile there are still HC players who never logout.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
Heh, the damn Carrion Queen.
Using logout scripts isn't justified for the reasons you've mentioned, as well. Shit happens online, you better get prepared. Otherwise don't mess with HC in an online game.

Script users do the same what some people do in here, as the game title and online status doesn't matter - they just find an excuse for the cheating, as they know such actions are not cheered in HC communities.
Specifically to PoE, you can hear some HC wannabies stating "this game is balanced around altf4". So he logged out like a boss. Pathetic.
Meanwhile there are still HC players who never logout.
I personally dont really care about the HC/SC debate, im too reckless for HC so I cant play it. Anyone can play the way they want I truly dont care about that, I can understand people not wanting to die/lose gear/char.

There shouldnt be any arguments in GD at all, its solo game mostly

PoE on the other hand is competitive (ladder) also has weird bugs and sometimes huge lag spikes for no reason also GGG basically allow the logout script by instantly allowing players to dissapear when that shouldnt happen. Its actually GGGs fault, players just take advantage of something thats there. I mean the "based around alt-f4" isnt really wrong if Devs agree you can logout at a moments notice

edit: PoE also has some ridiculous scenarios you can find yourself in and wish to bail even on softcore to avoid crushing XP loss -

Mapping and you start being chased by a map boss who you begin to kill and during the kiting it becomes Possessed by THREE ghosts, you dont want to stay and find out what happens there. None of this happens in D3/Grim Dawn where a simple mob becomes a 300% movement speed AoE one shot machine.

Ive never been killed in any aRPG so quickly out of the blue without warning that the shit PoE can provide

D3 has the most balanced HC experience currently.

You have on-death mechanics to save you from being 1 shot
You cannot logout safely unless in town and takes 10 seconds to dissapear outside town

edit: Heres a death I scored in PoE that was after dodging their 4k hp laser attack. I died instantly and character was decent at around 78 at the time..thats PoE for you, not even a logout script would of done anything anyway

Last edited by Shrukn; 03-02-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:23 PM
Acolyte

I made a thread with my feedback (check my history), one issue being about this back in July 2015. It became very clear to me after that, that this game is MADE for the old school offline mod-able arpg crowd, that have little or no wish for 'competitive/cheat-free gaming', like D3 or PoE.

This is also the reason for me losing the interest for the game back then. Now I am back just for some relaxed gaming (already owned the game), but not gonna stay long (read: game of the month).

There is little need to repeat the whole thread, but I will make out a few important pointers:

I am not a very competitive gamer, far from. But I like that a arpg game do have 'hacker/cheater free gameplay' with server side matches and saves. For me much of the fun of being able to play a game good, disappears when someone can just copy/hack a save game (I am pretty sure many of the new players arent even aware that this is possible), and wahls through the game 'one-shoting everything' (or similar).

The hardcore fans of this game gets what they want, but what they miss out is a lot of publicity and a huge amount of gamers and most streamers (which bring in a lot of players/publicity), resulting in the game dying way faster, and resulting in far less new content. Games like D3 and PoE would not have had a fraction of the players they still have, if they were offline/mostly single player games like GD. They would be popular for a few months, and after that only the hardcore crowd remains, just like will be the future of GD, only seeing small spikes after each expansion/big patch.

Yes, right now several streamers/youtubers are playing GD, but just wait and see, in a couple weeks, or even sooner. The interest will be over and they are back to their competitive games where the money and the number of viewers are.

Any company that do not take into account the social / competitive aspect of a game (in the current market), will see a short lifespans/lower sales of their games, outside the hardcore stayer crowd (which is a small fraction of the player base compared to the player base of the online competitive games). Yes I know very well about Elder Scrolls games and games like Witcher 3, but lets face it; GD is not in that category, far far from. And once again the continual players of those games are a very small hardcore fraction of the players that originally bought the games. Making computer games today is very costly and time consuming, and any company either need a continual income stream, or big sale spikes, or they are gone after a few months after their games are released.

Yes, I know GD is made based on a old engine (which also has bad technical support like only 1 CPU core support, no SLI outside of hacks etc), that are not made for online / competitive play. And also I know GD will never become a online-saved based game like D3 or PoE as long as they are using the old engine.

Yes, I have advised my friends to try out GD, since its a good game, but I also know very well the staying power of this game for me and my friends is very small, within a months time...sadly...
Old 03-02-2016, 01:59 PM
Herald

Jarnhand, these are legitimate observations about the importance of the dedicated servers.
But let's face the reality. This is a small company. Though, with such limited resources, they managed to provide their players a beautiful game. What we, players, got? One of the best oldschool aRPGs on market, crafted with passion and care of the detail. What Crate got? Experience, popularity, cash. Fair deal.

How does it matter for how long this game's gonna live? We got what we wanted, Crate did it as well. Majority of players enjoy this game for what it is and don't take into account the longevity of the game. Pluck the day.

There'll be some expansions, modding is behind the corner. We got a fairly long time to enjoy the game, Crate got the opportunity to improve their finances.
Meanwhile, as all of these happen, they will silently work on their next project. With servers, ladders, security, competitiveness and stuff. It's easier when your wallet isn't empty.

No point to care much about the eventual longevity of this game, really. Let's say, it will last fairly enough.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:08 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethroy View Post
+1

I don't get all this bragging when it comes to ARPGs. ARPGs don't require lots of skill to begin with. So why would anybody bother to impose certain rules on other players?

Edit: Just enjoy the game for what it is.
It's just the huge influx of severely mentally handicapped new players to the game, and some veteran purist shitheads chiming in. They want a game they didn't design, to be another game that they like, such as PoE or D3.
Volcanus - Lvl 69 Commando | Icingdeath - Lvl 46 Spellbreaker

Tags
cheating, hardcore