Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 05-26-2018, 12:47 AM
Advocate

I forgot to ask you before - how much of a difference does the Necro Conduit with the Blight Fiend modifier make compared to another amulet? I've found the pet Conduits to be weak (outside the amazing choice in resistances, that is), but you claim that the Conduit is BiS.

Would you give any recommendations on if the Conduit needs to be improved?
Old 05-26-2018, 05:48 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepowerofmediocrity View Post
I forgot to ask you before - how much of a difference does the Necro Conduit with the Blight Fiend modifier make compared to another amulet? I've found the pet Conduits to be weak (outside the amazing choice in resistances, that is), but you claim that the Conduit is BiS.

Would you give any recommendations on if the Conduit needs to be improved?
The only items that I think is BiS is Gloves( for that juicy 10% of flat poison) and hat for -cd to Blight Fiend. I still dont know about amulet though. I`ve tested soveren rubi( only on dummy) and it`s was not so impressive for some reason, i only got few seconds on kill time.

Also i tried that epic amulet for 2 poison bugs. And oh boi do they suck! The amounts of damage that they deal is just painful to watch. They definitely need some work. Like maybe if they were just suicide bombers that leave after death poison pools with dmg similar to blight fiend death ability, then maybe.

As for conduit itself I use it cause of its amazing resists and +1 to necro. Mod is just I dont know. It says that Blight Fiends gain additional Taunt, but its just dont work sometimes. Even with Ishtak they fail to hold aggro. So I dont know really.

Also I tried Bysm domination relic. It`s good kill times improved a bit, but I had a feeling that my char became a little more fragile for some reason.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:25 AM
Advocate

Considering you're using the 100% Physical to Acid conversion on Blight Fiends, you'll get a good deal more DPS out of them if you replace Scorpion, Lizard, and Crane with Bull, Raven, and Lion. Bull's converted Poison has a much higher base value than Scorpion (150 Poison / sec vs 72 Poison / sec), your extended Poison duration is very useful for extending the higher base damage since the duration of Bull is much shorter, and more importantly, Bull's cooldown is 3 times faster than Scorpion Sting's and the AoE radius is larger. You still get to keep Tree of Life by replacing those devotions, so the only thing you're missing out on is some resistances from Crane and Health Regen from Lizard, but the trade-off should be worth considering.
NOTE: All builds that I post are directly created with GDStash (all valid prefix/suffix combos) for the purpose of testing and demonstrating what is possible. I used to have a legit character used for trading before the expansion, but I have not used him since AoM was released.

Open to any PMs from those interested in playing pet builds.

Currently playing: Grimarillion (first legit, then TAS)
Old 07-27-2018, 02:09 PM
Speaker

Thanks for your input! Maybe later I`ll try to do it, now I quite burnt with GD. I`ll let you know how this will perform.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:25 AM
Initiate

Default Time Dilation?

For leveling (before you get the helm) could it be possible to shuffle things around to get time dillation?
Old 09-30-2018, 06:59 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by canned_salmon View Post
For leveling (before you get the helm) could it be possible to shuffle things around to get time dillation?
Hi there. I leveled my char without time dilation it`s was fine. You can keep 2 Blight fiends around with some cdr(like 19% from off-hand, 6-7% from ammy etc.)

Tags
blight fiend, cabalist, hybrid, pets, poison caster