Old 02-21-2018, 12:48 AM
Initiate

Question Is there no AGGRO table mechanic?

First time playing GD. Decided to wing it rather than follow a build guide. Ended up doing a Conjurer with emphasis on Pets and Bleeds. Seems like i spend all my time running from enemies that simply ignore my pets. And since they run faster than my pets, my Pox is the only thing getting to do any damage. I even invested points into briarthorns AoE attack that says it generates threat but, it's like pissing in the wind honestly.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:28 AM
Campaigner

There is an aggro table. The issue is debuffs absolutely rolf-stomp "threat" generation abilities in aggro generation.

High tick rate debuffs can and will drag a ton of aggro on you. Guess what Curse of Frailty and Bloody Pox is? Oh yea, a high tick rate debuffs.

The game looks at several sources for aggro generation.

1. Hits per second. More frequent hits draw aggro.
2. Debuff application. Per application, draws so much aggro.
3. Player priority. Several mobs will prioritize the player unless a pet does something to directly draw aggro first. This is frequently ran into in the city of Malmouth with those giant aetherial chargers.
4. Threat. Adds a fairly significant chunk of flat threat on application (Effectively, its a 1 time debuff hit).
Old 02-21-2018, 02:50 AM
Speaker

Just checking but do you use the Pet Attack command to send them in a second or two before you get there?
Old 02-21-2018, 03:13 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by debtshroud View Post
First time playing GD. Decided to wing it rather than follow a build guide. Ended up doing a Conjurer with emphasis on Pets and Bleeds. Seems like i spend all my time running from enemies that simply ignore my pets. And since they run faster than my pets, my Pox is the only thing getting to do any damage. I even invested points into briarthorns AoE attack that says it generates threat but, it's like pissing in the wind honestly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelflame View Post
There is an aggro table. The issue is debuffs absolutely rolf-stomp "threat" generation abilities in aggro generation.

High tick rate debuffs can and will drag a ton of aggro on you. Guess what Curse of Frailty and Bloody Pox is? Oh yea, a high tick rate debuffs.

The game looks at several sources for aggro generation.

1. Hits per second. More frequent hits draw aggro.
2. Debuff application. Per application, draws so much aggro.
3. Player priority. Several mobs will prioritize the player unless a pet does something to directly draw aggro first. This is frequently ran into in the city of Malmouth with those giant aetherial chargers.
4. Threat. Adds a fairly significant chunk of flat threat on application (Effectively, its a 1 time debuff hit).
Excellent answer, ty!

Tags
aggro, build, mechanics, pets, table