Old 10-15-2018, 08:46 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkel View Post
Can MI items be differentiated somehow else? like a different font (bold, italic) or a special symobos in the title of items.
I don't think a different font is possible atm, and crate tried to put asterisks (*) in the name and it wasn't a great idea so it went as soon as it came to testing.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:37 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
I don't think a different font is possible atm, and crate tried to put asterisks (*) in the name and it wasn't a great idea so it went as soon as it came to testing.
Dunno how the filtering works but do you happen to know if they tried linking the MIs to the epic filter instead of the rare one?
Old 10-16-2018, 03:27 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
Did you tried to farm Crucible for 6 hours non-stop ? W/o QoL mods you will spend more time on sorting/selling piles of crap rather that farming.
Do you really suggesting that crucible experience should justify a change affecting MC too?

Even if i could accept that (which i probably ain't), than crucible farming is still MUCH more efficient than MC farming even considering the "problem" you described which kinda defeats your point imho.

Not to mention that, proportionally speaking, deciding to pick up an item or not by reading its name takes the same amount of time both in cruci and mc, cruci just happen to have a larger overall quantity of loot at a smaller space, so you're like complaning about being rich because you keep getting tired counting your money...
Gallop, you plan to add, podzemele bagels?
Old 10-16-2018, 04:12 AM
Counsel

Quote:

Did they explain why people didn't like the asterisk? Was it because there was no explanation of why the asterisk was there? Maybe the text "Monster Infrequent" would be less confusing than an asterisk with no explanation.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:25 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H T C View Post
Dunno how the filtering works but do you happen to know if they tried linking the MIs to the epic filter instead of the rare one?
No they didn't afaik and as a modder, I don't think that is such a simple change. MI are considered "rare", so they have 0 distinction from other rares in the database. There's nothing that marks them as MI aside from their specific drop sources, so linking them to epic filter is pretty much a no-go.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:45 AM
Supporter

Quote:
No they didn't afaik and as a modder, I don't think that is such a simple change. MI are considered "rare", so they have 0 distinction from other rares in the database. There's nothing that marks them as MI aside from their specific drop sources, so linking them to epic filter is pretty much a no-go.
I see. I thought there was some difference and therefore the change to epic filter was much more simple.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:07 PM
Herald

Quote:
Don't MIs have a specific word / words in their names? I think it might be possible to make a parsing function to distinguish MI items.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:49 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudius View Post
Can color blind people distinguish the existing gear? blue, yellow, green, purple?

There isn't a fifth distinct color option in the pallet of colors?
We can.

It is the magenta and red ground effects and DoTs that give us fits.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:10 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudius View Post
Did they explain why people didn't like the asterisk?
Nothing was ever said and the reaction from the testers was equally varied, there was no real overwhelming view eitherway (that I can remember).