Old 02-04-2018, 01:22 AM
Initiate

Default skeleton skill upgrade

First off i love this game started palying a week ago cause of the necromancer but got really disappointed with the necro skeleton spell once you max it out and you get random pets that i dont always want, for my suggestion I think once the player as maxed out the skeleton spell there should be something of a skeleton choice, picker, and counter on the skill with ones you want, And how many of each you want. Have five choice bottons ''or something like this'' one for each skeleton and how many you want scaled to your max limit, I wouldn't care if they summon in any particular order just as long as i get the ones i want, and for the fifth botton make it random for the ones that like it random, We can get the best of both worlds for people that dont want the choice and for "people like me" that do want to choose. Iv played many necromancer in many games for years from Boldurs Gate necromancer to Diablo 2 and 3 to Path of Exile's necromancer and many more. Once i discovered Grim dawn had a necromacer class i bought it immediately cause it summons skeletons and started playing, Once i started i was getting more and more annoyed and pissed off with my skeletons and not getting to choose the plain full on melee ones i want with a few ranged ones for back up i have a style of playing my necromancer that i like and want and but cant have with necro for the most part unless i waist so much time trying to wait for a good summon to come up instead of playing the game. Im getting pissed off cause i keep dying "I almost want to Quit playing this game cause of this " To my knowledge no other game that has a necromancer dosen't give you the choice on what minions you want to have fight with you. This game is right up there with all the greats that came before and after this game is awesome but PLZ CHANGE THIS I WOULD LOVE THIS GAME FOREVER!! I will be and maybe many other will be very happy with this change!! I beg of you PLZZZ i want to love this game even more as it deserves to be!! what are your thoughts on this??

Last edited by octopus-keeper; 02-04-2018 at 01:25 AM.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:32 AM
Praetorian

Was there really a need to make a new thread on this? You covered your points here http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60737

Also, a lot of copy paste between the two posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
please, excuse me... I need to go wipe away my tears with a handful of million dollar bills
Old 02-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Speaker

Diablo 2's mage skeletons were a bit like that as well. Not random, but on a cycle so you typically had a variety of damage types on your summons.

In GD I'm happy to have anything but mages as my skeletons so if I see I have like 3-4 of them I mess around with re-summons as a go. As my character became more powerful I was less and less bothered by the mages but I still don't want too many since they, of course, don't benefit from flat damage buffs and I don't de-buff fire as much.

All I can say is that it would be nice to be able to choose (or put mage skellies on a separate skill or something crazy), but if that doesn't happen I think you'll be less bothered when you're rocking 9-10 skellies late game and can re-summon often.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:15 AM
Initiate

Default not really into the necromancer any more

Ya i played the necro up to level 65 and im not really into it anymore dont like the fact i cant pick the skeles i want and the fact the melee and melee ranged skeletons suck, They die to fast, why cant they be better and more powerful then all the rest of the skeles? They run right into the battle and get killed so fast wtf is up with that. They should be able to take a good beating till they get killed.
Im no longer into play anymore till this is fixed it just pushes me away from the game the more i play it. To me feels like this necromancer isnt very powerful when he isnt in any control of his skeleton spell "it kind of sucks"

Just a side note as a very heavy necro player I love the look of a group of skeletons fighting with you. The other skeletons besides the melee skeleton dont really look like skeletons at all more like just a human with robes or a full set of armor on, doest really look there skeletons at all kind of lame looking and bones should look a little whiter then brown.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:19 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnge View Post
Was there really a need to make a new thread on this? You covered your points here http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60737

Also, a lot of copy paste between the two posts.

Sorry bro it didnt look like my post was posting on the other tread so i thought id do my own post and i wanted to get my thought out there on this game ill keep a better eye on this next time
Old 02-09-2018, 01:25 AM
Champion

Just gonna paraphrase what I recall hearing in a dev stream but whenever a suggestion involves adding a GUI, the developers collectively cringe at the thought of having to add another . My assumptions are that adding a "skeleton picker" isn't something that can be done easily but I'm no developer or modder so I'm not 100% certain. There's also opportunity cost/time spent to consider, would it benefit more players to work on another feature instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus-keeper View Post
Ya i played the necro up to level 65 and im not really into it anymore dont like the fact i cant pick the skeles i want and the fact the melee and melee ranged skeletons suck, They die to fast, why cant they be better and more powerful then all the rest of the skeles? They run right into the battle and get killed so fast wtf is up with that. They should be able to take a good beating till they get killed.
Skeletons can have a large capacity (more than any other Pet) for a reason I'd think. They're not meant to be sturdy out-of--the-box. You should be giving them sustain through ways/methods such as % Attack Damage converted to Health or going the DaShiv route of accepting that Skeletons are designed to be frail and using CDR and Time Dilation to resummon a new supply when your current army gets low or a combination of both approaches.

If you want a sturdy or tank-like pet, I'd advise looking at the Blight Fiend or Briarthorn for that.

Last edited by Evil_Baka; 02-09-2018 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:16 AM
Initiate

Im no developer or modder either but i wouldn't think a picking system wouldn't be difficult to do for a spell just like when you can pick and unstack your items in your stash i would think this spell could use the same concept for the skeletons you want, im not sure it would be long hard process to add to the game for the necromancer players but i could be totally wrong i just like the fact i can choose what i want and not what they tell me to have the skeleton spell is a unique spell, and takes time to perfect, like the original diablo2 did with there skeleton spell with the community asking for stronger skeletons that could be used thew the whole game not just at the beginning then they become useless every spell should be useful right thew to end game and more.

If it ever came down to cost for a new DLC content or what ever to get what i want from my skeleton spell id be down to paying for it no problem as long as i can enjoy the game the way i like to play ill be a loyal player for many years
Old 02-13-2018, 11:49 AM
Acolyte

i'm actually pretty curious how far a "full yolo max pet defensive ability" / "shred offensive ability" build would go to protect skeletons. probably not so great, considering endgame bosses have truckloads of OA, but i could be wrong.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:40 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulosity View Post
i'm actually pretty curious how far a "full yolo max pet defensive ability" / "shred offensive ability" build would go to protect skeletons. probably not so great, considering endgame bosses have truckloads of OA, but i could be wrong.
Im not sure i kind of lost interest in playing this game cause of this stupid random skeleton summoning spell im sick of getting so many more ranged skele's then melee ones i want a melee army not ranged army.
So im not sure what they are like in the end game bosses if they fix this stupid random spell shit then ill play right to end game and beyond until then fuck this

Tags
minions, pets, skele's, skeletons