Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Development Updates

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 09-03-2018, 01:16 PM
Advocate

never lose hope. I know you guys want the oathkeeper mastery class skills reveal, so dont be shy to admit it.

Itemization is okay too, drooling at the stats of oathkeeper sets unwrapped in full fashion is nothing short of amazing
Old 09-03-2018, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
We have no idea what the misadventure today will focus on. It may not be about the new mastery. There has been a pattern of spacing out the big reveals in the misadventures. I only bring this up so certain unnamed individuals can mentally brace themselves if today's update doesn't relate to paladins in any way.
Indeed. There was a 3 month gap between Necromancer being revealed and us getting our first look at the skills. Doubt it'll be that long this time around, but certainly no guarantee the GM today will be about the new skills either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatMB View Post
the big reveal of the mastery skills will probably be in a devstream anyway, so if we have something related today it will probably be some items or something like that. but yes it can be anything else
No, GM always comes first. They won't show the skills until after they've been posted here. They might announce some of them today and show them off in a stream on Friday, but they'd never show them off on Friday and then subsequently announce them.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:21 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by el critico View Post
never lose hope. I know you guys want the oathkeeper mastery class skills reveal, so dont be shy to admit it.
yes for sure but like i said, it will most likely happen in a dev stream. it was the case for both AoM masteries.

OK set revealed i'm all for it too
Fiddler - Explosive Marksman Commando 24 Kalam - Swift Blades Nightblade 22 Onos Toolan - Death Incarnate Shaman 15
Old 09-03-2018, 01:27 PM
Advocate

Quote:
yes for sure but like i said, it will most likely happen in a dev stream. it was the case for both AoM masteries.

OK set revealed i'm all for it too
as medea pointed out time is running pretty short. Im not a prophet but I may have guess it right that they want to release FG about 1 year after the AoM release. Too many un wanted misadventure for what?

The only reasonable I could think of that could take away and beat mastery for revealing is the eldritch horror faction. I dont remember it being shown with solid details. Otherthan that we have enough of monsters, locations and game modes. Its either faction, mastery or new items related to oathkeeprr
Old 09-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Supporter

Please, whirlwind skill reveal
Old 09-03-2018, 01:37 PM
Supporter

Time is running short. If we guess correctly and the expansion is released in mid-October, there will still be a few misadventures to go. Spacing out the juicy reveals may be a necessity.

On the subject of sets, I predict that the Justicar set will get updated to add Oathkeeper support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
Please, whirlwind skill reveal
I'm also looking forward to seeing that skill in action.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:40 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
No, GM always comes first. They won't show the skills until after they've been posted here. They might announce some of them today and show them off in a stream on Friday, but they'd never show them off on Friday and then subsequently announce them.
i may be wrong but i don't remember any complete unveilling of a mastery in a GM. the best we had was a picture of a skill tree and the definition of a few skills. in the dev stream all the skills are shown with the stats, so we can almost begin to theorycraft

but if you're sure about that rule we will have to wait a sneak peak first in an upcoming GM.
Fiddler - Explosive Marksman Commando 24 Kalam - Swift Blades Nightblade 22 Onos Toolan - Death Incarnate Shaman 15
Old 09-03-2018, 01:52 PM
Initiate

I wish I could pre-order upcoming expansion aldready, maybe even get some sort of pre-order illusion items etc.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
i may be wrong but i don't remember any complete unveilling of a mastery in a GM. the best we had was a picture of a skill tree and the definition of a few skills. in the dev stream all the skills are shown with the stats, so we can almost begin to theorycraft

but if you're sure about that rule we will have to wait a sneak peak first in an upcoming GM.
No, they weren't complete unveils, but my point is they won't show off the skills before we've had a GM about some of them first. So if we don't see something about them today, we won't see anything about them in a dev stream on Friday if they do one then. As said in the 4th May stream:

"Zantai_GD
:we're not gonna leak expansion content in a stream"

Same with the Shattered Realm. Told us about it, showed us some screenshots and only then streamed about it. That's the way it always works.

And Osmou, no, no pre-ordering.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:18 PM
Initiate

Praise the sun !

Tags
grim misadventure