Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Development Updates

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 08-21-2017, 06:53 PM
Counsel

They should really set a release date. If they think it will probably be ready on October 1, set the date as November 1, to allow enough time to fix last minute issues. If Q3 is not yet out of the picture, it means that expansion could be released in the next 40 days. But there's still no date.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a huge fan of Crate, and Grim Dawn is my favorite game and best game I ever played. But this could be an instance in which too much communication with the fans becomes a bit counter-productive. We're getting biweekly teasers for almost a year now, without the release date. It kind of feels like dragging it out a bit.

I think it would be better if they set a release date sooner, and a realistic one - say end of 2017.

But still, congratulations to Crate on the great job they seem to be doing. Everything I've seen so far about the expansion looks incredible, I can't wait to play it.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #32  
Old 08-21-2017, 07:01 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krell_154 View Post
They should really set a release date. If they think it will probably be ready on October 1, set the date as November 1, to allow enough time to fix last minute issues. If Q3 is not yet out of the picture, it means that expansion could be released in the next 40 days. But there's still no date.
Ok, it's coming December 30th or sooner, but probably sooner.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:25 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
But this could be an instance in which too much communication with the fans becomes a bit counter-productive ... It kind of feels like dragging it out a bit.
Hmm.

Perhaps take a look back thru the Misadventure history, before the expac coverage, before game release even. Still feeling dragged out and counter-productive?

Hell, go visit the Kickstarter page and take a look at the "release date", or Estimated delivery, given there.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ment/grim-dawn

There is no such thing as "too much communication". You can put those 3 words in the trash bin, where they belong

It isn't a conspiracy to drag along Joe Public.

Last edited by powbam; 08-21-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:50 PM
Supporter

in a way, Crate did set a release date ("Q3", which usually means the last month - and it's the usual case), but they are afraid of potential screwups that may drag things out 1-2 months ahead, so they choose not to give an exact day.

Of course it makes my life miserable, since I want to take some days off to play Grim Dawn and I don't even know when (and my boss is starting to get impatient), but oh well, what can you do.

What good comes of a precise release date if it's going to get delayed anyway?
Old 08-21-2017, 08:04 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Will you help bring the Black Legion to the fallen city and save these people?
look, it might already be too late. better release the ex-pack now when the resistance still has a chance.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:05 PM
Counsel

I guess we'll have the date next misadventure (little bugs found in the next 2 weeks) or the one after (pessimistic scenario).
Anyway, we all know too well we'll wait for it no matter when.
There are still some areas not covered by the misadventures, so will be looking forward to the second huge faction reveal, new components overview and some nice legendary art.
Druid 85 - GlassCannon Caster (Trozan+Invokers Cold/Lightning)
Conjurer 85 - 2h Melee (Wildblood Vitality/Phys/Bleed)
Pyromancer 75 - DW Ranged (Ulzuins Fire/Chaos)
Old 08-21-2017, 09:06 PM
Champion

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a huge fan of Crate, and Grim Dawn is my favorite game and best game I ever played. But this could be an instance in which too much communication with the fans becomes a bit counter-productive. We're getting biweekly teasers for almost a year now, without the release date. It kind of feels like dragging it out a bit.

I think it would be better if they set a release date sooner, and a realistic one - say end of 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Ok, it's coming December 30th or sooner, but probably sooner.
What the hell, now look what you have fucking done
Old 08-21-2017, 09:11 PM
Champion

On topic: those armors look pretty incredible, some lore is also nice, I am really looking forward to reading all of those new non-quest notes, loved those in the original game. It's the attention to the detail like this that makes the world of the game more alive and the experience more immersive. That little story about mother and daughter becoming hannibals was very well written, gave me chills for real.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:27 PM
Champion

thank goodness you did not release today... looking forward to more misadventuring and furthering the testing thus resulting more delays... so I can at the moment enjoy life and at the end of it all get a more polished product at the actual release
Old 08-21-2017, 09:58 PM
Supporter

I love the look of those resistance members and think they look AMAZING, but.... they're awfully snappy dressers for a group that's probably basically a bunch of armed refugees.

Maybe the sanctuary they found was a noble's mansion or something and still had lots of its wardrobe intactI guess.

Last edited by TiamatRoar; 08-21-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Tags
grim misadventure