Old 10-11-2018, 11:37 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Live View Post
We just have to accept the fact that our 20 bucks went to hell.
Pretty much where I am at, I doubt we ever see a release before they fold. They had screwed up priorities and confusion in the KS already and it seems to never have gotten past that point. If they can’t get their heads out of your behinds, then I have little hope for them, and apparently it has been stuck for three years by now...
Old 10-11-2018, 11:57 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
What worries me are statements like

maybe deliver a game first and when that sells, aim for the next step.

Aiming way too high is a recipe for disaster. The game is not done by the time you run out of money... 30+ employees aren't cheap, do they have some outside funding now or is this all from KS and EA sales ?
I agree, it's obvious that there is significant risk involved with such a decision. Given their track record it's even more risky, but hopefully they understand the risk and wouldn't have made it without a solid plan. Let us hope....
Old 10-11-2018, 12:36 PM
Supporter

Wow, it seems like they might be trying to fly too close to the sun. Indie companies with big promises and slow updates are a recipe for disaster. Fortunately I ended up spending my bucks on Last Epoch. The devs from that game seem way more focused and are constantly showing tangible progress.

Sent from my 6039A using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2018, 02:17 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
What worries me are statements like

maybe deliver a game first and when that sells, aim for the next step.

Aiming way too high is a recipe for disaster. The game is not done by the time you run out of money... 30+ employees aren't cheap, do they have some outside funding now or is this all from KS and EA sales ?
This reminds me of the mmorpg Horizons that had promised to deliver all kinds of stuff. From Faction v. Faction v. Faction world pvp to Dragon pcs that grew in size/powers as your character leveled. The towns were supposed to be player controlled, etc etc etc... housing, dynamic world shaped by player character achievements... yadda yadda yadda.

In the end, I'm not even sure if this game was ever released. I did see some Horizons game, but it didn't resemble the promised mmorpg at all.

Wolcen was a very attractive looking arpg that was combining elements from various other successful games. But now I'm afraid they will die a horrible death from scope creep.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:20 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by toapeiron View Post
Wow, it seems like they might be trying to fly too close to the sun. Indie companies with big promises and slow updates are a recipe for disaster. Fortunately I ended up spending my bucks on Last Epoch. The devs from that game seem way more focused and are constantly showing tangible progress.

Sent from my 6039A using Tapatalk
Well that, and I think this playable Early Access stuff is getting out of hand. Instead of spending time fleshing out an entire game, they are stuck polishing a tiny 'demo-game' because the early access supporters demand something playable.

Grim Dawn got lucky in this regard because a) they had experience in developing an entire game, with TQ and b) the majority of their EA supporters were TQ fans and had a little more patience and trusted the devs. Although I do remember seeing some people complaining about polish and replayability in the those months when all we had was Warden Krieg to constantly kill
Old 10-11-2018, 04:03 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirePenguin View Post
Well that, and I think this playable Early Access stuff is getting out of hand. Instead of spending time fleshing out an entire game, they are stuck polishing a tiny 'demo-game' because the early access supporters demand something playable.

Grim Dawn got lucky in this regard because a) they had experience in developing an entire game, with TQ and b) the majority of their EA supporters were TQ fans and had a little more patience and trusted the devs. Although I do remember seeing some people complaining about polish and replayability in the those months when all we had was Warden Krieg to constantly kill
Well of course people want something playable, when the PAY MONEY for EA.

I joined GD EA around build 28, Cairn was much smaller back then, but it worked and was fun. Sure, the game crashed a lot on me for a while, but thatīs ok. It still worked. And there was a lot of communication between the players and Crate.

If you take money for EA, you gotta deliver something playable, otherwise itīs just a scam.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuelue View Post
Well of course people want something playable, when the PAY MONEY for EA.

I joined GD EA around build 28, Cairn was much smaller back then, but it worked and was fun. Sure, the game crashed a lot on me for a while, but thatīs ok. It still worked. And there was a lot of communication between the players and Crate.

If you take money for EA, you gotta deliver something playable, otherwise itīs just a scam.
I already mentioned that GD did it properly. Wolcen got too bogged down in polishing something that wasn't ready for polish. There's playable, and then there's catering to every complaint made by your EA players about skill balance, loot drops, not enough content, etc.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Lord Advocate

Smartly tho they didn't give us an expected release date this time tho....
As they aren't good with making deadlines they set

Last edited by sfbistimg; 10-11-2018 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:21 PM
Champion

This now shows all the signs of failure. Delayed deadlines, feature creep, message from the ceo of the company to reassure people, team size growth probably funded by debt... yeah I'm so glad I did not pay for this. Honestly it's showing signs of a ponzi scheme, likely unintentional but still, that's alarming.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:36 PM
Supporter

R.I.P Wolcen