Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 09-25-2018, 03:04 AM
Praetorian

AAR by design will never be a room clearing spell in of itself, unless it pierced through enemies (boy I wish). So ideally it should just be one of the best single target dmg sources in the game.

You play with a friend who handles AoE, and you help speed up boss fights. Done deal. The issue is that boss fights only last a few seconds in multiplayer anyway so AAR feels impotent. Luckily shattered rift is coming out and we'll see if AAR is relevant enough there.

# of level 100 characters I have atm: 73
Old 09-25-2018, 09:14 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoomgod View Post
AAR by design will never be a room clearing spell in of itself, unless it pierced through enemies (boy I wish). So ideally it should just be one of the best single target dmg sources in the game.

You play with a friend who handles AoE, and you help speed up boss fights. Done deal. The issue is that boss fights only last a few seconds in multiplayer anyway so AAR feels impotent. Luckily shattered rift is coming out and we'll see if AAR is relevant enough there.
So as someone who reads the Grim Misadventures but never carved out the time to watch dev streams I know nothing about Shattered Realm (Rifts) except to assume it functions something like Torchlightís infinite dungeon. That and Iíve never played GD multiplayer (unfortunately, because Iím sure Iím missing out). How would such a game feature justify AARís existence in itís present incarnation?

The reason I even imagined it shredding RtEH and doing that tiny, percentage health damage per tick to begin with is because it would hypothetically kill ANYTHING in just several seconds of focused fire when fully skilled, which is how it should work. And I can only assume having it target the ground, rather than tiny mob hit boxes, and splashing at point of impact would help itís wonky targetting. The fumble interaction would have to go too. Poor AAR.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:18 AM
Acolyte

Add a mechanism to the devotion system.Recovery of 1%~2% Health value during attack.Let non weapon damage skills gain health resilience.Instead of relying on weapons to attack the blood sucking mechanism.This is needed for Ray's continuous casting skills.In other words Persistent attack, default attack has this need.its lethality does not match the name of radiation,Because reducing enemy resistance is a slow paving process.Let the AAR also have the ability to reduce resistance. I think it might be a good idea.

Control resistance, freeze resist,slow resist,stun...Almost all high ranking enemies have 100% resistance, ignoring these effects.
This is the fundamental reason why ice ring and all other control technologies are meaningless.

Last edited by cccsennn2; 09-25-2018 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:30 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccsennn2 View Post
Add a mechanism to the devotion system.Recovery of 1%~2% life value during attack.It enables non weapon damage skills to gain life resilience without relying on the mechanism of life absorption.This is needed for Ray's continuous casting skills.In other words Persistent attack, default attack has this need.its lethality does not match the name of radiation,Because reducing enemy resistance is a slow paving process.Let the light also have the ability to reduce resistance. I think it might be a good idea.

Control resistance, freeze resist,slow resist,stun...Almost all high ranking enemies have 100% resistance, ignoring these effects.
This is the fundamental reason why ice ring and all other control technologies are meaningless.
Basically why I originally asked the question about rolling resistance reduction for special resistances like those into skill mods. Based on numerous responses it would seem either unbalancing or outright pointless for Crate to do so. If only AAR burned bosses down in seconds, and you could stun lock Mogdrogenís smug self for a change.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:07 AM
Praetorian

AAR with leech would be ridiculous and i think that's why they haven't put inherent leech in it. And it would also kill Drain Essence's main gimmick which is life leech.

Granted, you can leech with AAR currently because the arcanist conduit amulet adds weapon damage to AAR. Not a lot though and you would have to stack a lot of ADCTH to start to feel the effect.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:21 PM
Initiate

What I would like to see, is - entrapment duration reduction on blade-trap to make it even remotely usefull
Old 09-28-2018, 04:51 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyw8 View Post
What I would like to see, is - entrapment duration reduction on blade-trap to make it even remotely usefull
Exactly, though as Norzan pointed out to me earlier, including that sort of RR on a skill to which targets are already immune has no effect. Crate would have to bring all ďimmunitiesĒ down below 100% just for those skills and their baked-in resistance reduction to have an effect.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:27 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0nfact0r View Post
Basically why I originally asked the question about rolling resistance reduction for special resistances like those into skill mods. Based on numerous responses it would seem either unbalancing or outright pointless for Crate to do so. If only AAR burned bosses down in seconds, and you could stun lock Mogdrogenís smug self for a change.
I hope the problem of special resistance can be taken seriously.It is unreasonable to immunization them.This not only makes control skills lose control, but also makes attribute types lose their characteristics.Freezing and deceleration of ice,The paralyzed high frequency halo caused by lightning...Without these special effects, properties will become somewhat homogenous.
like life leech resistance,It can completely control the numerical value to balance.