Old 07-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Praetorian

One feature I would like to see is to choose prefix and suffix on an item (out of the allowable ones if that is easy, otherwise out of the available ones), could get a lot of use out of that
Old 07-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Advocate

I'm very excited for this and looking forward to it. It was invaluable for me when playing TQIT. Thanks for keeping the project going!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:24 PM
Supporter

Very happy to see you are bringing the defiler to Grim Dawn
Old 07-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Praetorian

Smile

Wow, good to see the Defiler return, as that was what directed me to Grim Dawn. Would've probably only found out about it late into development if I didn't decide to look it up one day when I saw the message pop up on the Defiler. Cheers Soul!
Younghappy
Old 07-30-2013, 03:10 AM
Supporter

Can someone explain to me what exactly the defiler is? I've never heard of it before, and it seems useful.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
Can someone explain to me what exactly the defiler is? I've never heard of it before, and it seems useful.
Basically it's a load of tickable and un-tickable boxes where you can select things like "increased drop rates from chests" or "enemies drop green and higher", and you can also give yourself endless currency, etc. Basically a fun little program to use when testing stuff or you want to feel OP (in the Titan Quest Defiler there was a tickable box for "increased enemy ragdoll effect").

A screenshot:

Last edited by Younghappy; 07-30-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Praetorian

It's mainly recommeded for it's RNG and Slow Cast fixes, but I for one also like to use freeze time of day and infinite stacking potions among other things. No change is permenant, you simply untick a box when you don't want to use that particular mod any more and can tick it again if you do.

I really wish someone had designed something like this for D2 because half my miniscule portalable stash has potions in it, each one just one dose. Really annoying. I've got PlugY installed which is great for the private stash, but does nothing for the portalable one.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:04 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSeekkor View Post
Once it's more in a tested and stable state I may add more testers to go through things...and yes TQ Defiler is being combined with this, from the screenshot you can see there is a list of characters by game and it's currently capable of loading any of them and modifying them (with exception of a few things such as waypoints, loads but no modify yet).

The multiple characters is more for convenience, and possibly at some point being able to easily copy/paste things between your characters...maybe a shortcut to move money around or an item? That and to be able to easily compare characters or backups. You can do a 'File-->Open' in this so you can open any character file you have, including backups...which are done much better this time around.

All the characters listed are now "peaked", meaning it partially loads them all on startup to get type, name, character level, and hardcore or not (for GD) so the list is much more accurate than the TQ Defiler as well. One of the biggest things I wanted to do with TQ Defiler but was unable to due to the time it would take to rewrite it (again) was having a true Save/Save As added, and that is how this editor functions.

Soul
So you want to create something like the Hero editor for D2?
Old 08-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Counsel

Do not add a feature to edit deaths or revive dead hc heroes. Pretty please
Old 08-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poinas View Post
Do not add a feature to edit deaths or revive dead hc heroes. Pretty please
I believe you can just make a backup copy of the save-game of your living HC character. If the character dies, you can always load in the backup again.

Absolutely no mod/cheat/hack required for that.

Tags
tools