Old 04-22-2017, 09:36 PM
Supporter

Default [Mod] Diablo 2 Classes (aka Noble Paladin)

Hi everyone!

About six months ago I start development mod, that transfer classes from Diablo II as accurately as GD mechanics allow.
It starts from only Paladin class and was a modding practique, But gradually evolved to 4/7 classes.
You can see this mod early at [Mod] Reign of Terror topic, but I promice make own.
So I returned to mod two weeks ago with one more class and I'll publish future updates here.

UPD. 23.07.2017 Global Balance 2nd Iteration version

v0.8.2b
Yandex.Disk or GoogleDrive

Previous versions
Spoiler!

Enjoy and testing!
I'm ready for feedbacks and ideas for balance adjustmens.

Last edited by DenisMashutikov; 08-05-2017 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:36 PM
Supporter

Global balance

Now that all 7 classes are more or less completed, it's time to discuss the balance so that the new classes are organically built into the game and are comparable to the original ones.
Please familiarize yourself with the main list of proposals and express your opinion. In addition, reinforce your proposals with justifications from the original.

Spoiler!

Thanks for reading this google translate text

Last edited by DenisMashutikov; 05-31-2017 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:27 PM
Supporter

Location: The grand expansive hell that is Southern California.

I've been half-ass starting something like this for like two months now XD I'm so glad someone else beat me to it cause I was going nowhere fast. Definitely testing this out!
Old 04-23-2017, 09:20 AM
Counsel

Hi Denis, good to hear you are back. Many thanks for letting me use your classes in RoT.

Btw, if you want to change Frozen Orb skill, check Lost Treasures mod from okami29

Quote:
Originally Posted by okami29 View Post
V0.35
New sword droppable ingame.I have the permission from the original modder to port it to Grim Dawn only when he updates his mod on nexus.So I made the sword and you can drop it ingame but it has the Chillrend model for now.I hope the mod will be updated in the coming months (and I hope the new model will be as beautiful as it is now).

Gives a frozen orb skill-like :Cast a rotating frozen orb with 100% pierce chance that lauch ice spikes on a 360° radius on each enemy impact.

Improved Chillrend to make it in line with it's lore :
"Chillrend can freeze even the most powerful foes.Nothing can withstand it's chill." => It can freeze boss (for a short duration)!

Increased each 1 handed sword drop chance to a little less than 1% (maybe it's too much ?).
You can see the frozen orb here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4w...ature=youtu.be
Of course if the expansion allows modders to make a TRUE frozen orb (cast the spikes every X ms instead of on impact), I will change the skill
Lost Treasures 0.35
Played Necromancer and found some issues with the following skills:

Raise skeleton / mage:
- summons have no pet UI (icons / bars)

Golems:
- only the Clay golem is exclussive skill, meaning you can have all golems at the same time

Poison nova:
- has the same skill name / desc. as Bone spear + could use a proper poison nova skill template which is in vanilla GD

PS: Frozen orb skill in the current version doesn't scale with invested skill point and it's requirement is 50 mastery points while it's in 40 skill points tier

Last edited by Ram; 04-23-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:33 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Played Necromancer and found some issues with the following skills:

Raise skeleton / mage:
- summons have no pet UI (icons / bars)

Golems:
- only the Clay golem is exclussive skill, meaning you can have all golems at the same time

Poison nova:
- has the same skill name / desc. as Bone spear + could use a proper poison nova skill template which is in vanilla GD

PS: Frozen orb skill in the current version doesn't scale with invested skill point and it's requirement is 50 mastery point while it's in 40 skill point tier
Raise skeleton & skeleton magi haven't widget because at max rank they have up to 8 summons. Each summon have own widget which overflows screen.

Yes. Unfortunately summon skills doesn't work as Exclusive. Probably version that i send you in PM a later than versioin in 1st post and have some test changes.

Poison nova: I'll fix skill name, but current template similar to D2

I'll fix Frozen orb. Also i'll check Lost Treasures mod

Last edited by DenisMashutikov; 05-08-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:53 PM
Praetorian

For golems you might want to consider using a transmuter.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:32 PM
Supporter

Transmuter does not allow creating a skilltree equivalent to the original one. It is enough for him 1/1 point.
At the current stage, I do not want to redo skilltree.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:47 PM
Praetorian

You can set transmuters to have more than a single point. The purpose of a transmuter for a pet skill is to alter which pet it summons.

For example look at the storm totem's transmuter and how it functions. It's really just using a "petmodifier" to create the new pet which is the Corrupt Totem. You can have the base Clay Golem as a template and then create 3 modifiers, one for each other golem. The first will allow the clay golem to become the blood golem, and you can just link these new transmuter/modifiers to the golem files that you already have.

And like I said, you can have more than a single 1/1 point, you can have as many as you want and just have them scale the values for the passive stats of the golem if you want.

I mean if you don't really intend to match how it was in D2 then whatever, I'm just suggesting something that works and would create the same gameplay that D2 provided.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:58 PM
Supporter

Yes, i know that i can make 3 modifiers for single skill
I previously try pettransmuter for shadowwarrior/shadowmster skill, but failed.
I need more tests.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:56 PM
Supporter

Some minor fixes upload.

At the current stage I left golems as separate pets. Perhaps they will be redone with global balance after all masteries will be complete.

Frozen Orb not changed.

I plan start work on the next mastery on Saturday.

Last edited by DenisMashutikov; 04-27-2017 at 08:58 PM.