Old 02-18-2017, 08:22 PM
Praetorian

Default [Tool] [Modding] Grim Dawn Modding Suite

Grim Dawn Modding Suite

Download (click here)

Unsatisfied with the cumbersomeness of the vanilla modding tools, I (and others) set out many moons ago to create fully fledged suites to utilize the tools more effectively. Here is my approach. It remains a Work-in-Progress (WIP) but is functional enough to be placed in your hands to use. It features my previous modding utilities, GDSearch, GDModChecker, and GDModPruner, along with links to tutorials on modding and the ability to launch various other applications. Work will continue on this suite as I get more requests for the tool and update the existing utilities I've made. One may find my previous utilities discontinued in their threads; that's just so I can consolidate all their feedback and development into one thread, making things simpler for all parties involved.

Version: 0.6.5

System Requirements:
  • Java 8.0 or higher (I think)
  • 126KB Hard Disk Space
  • Grim Dawn installed

Features:

Spoiler!

To-Do Lists:
  • Improve the UI for the Home tab.
  • Implement GDModMerger, a tool for merging two (or more) mods given a user-defined mod priority (load order).
  • Improve GDSearch:
    • Remake UI
    • Enable searching on multiple fields.
    • Enable copying search results to a specified mod.
  • Add more links to the Resources tab and improve the tab's user interface.
  • Implement a version-checking utility and an auto-updater.
  • Add more tools as the community requests!
  • Upload everything to github.

Last edited by Ceno; 05-30-2017 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:24 PM
Initiate

Is there any tool like GDSearch with a graphic interface to interact with if it looked through the records?
currenly i'm editing a lot proxy, proxy pools, monster, character bio dbr files.
but it is too time consuming in the dbr editor for traversing through the files

for example if I select a proxy the Graphical GDSearch should traverse through the dbr files so I could edit them on the fly and save them all with 1 click or mass change 1 parameter on all dbr files (linking to another faction dbr as an example )

here is my take on such a tool
It currently patches all factions for all the creatures in the pool for my map mod (hardcoded)

Old 04-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertus View Post
Is there any tool like GDSearch with a graphic interface to interact with if it looked through the records?
currenly i'm editing a lot proxy, proxy pools, monster, character bio dbr files.
but it is too time consuming in the dbr editor for traversing through the files
This feature is what I'm working on for the next release of GDSearch, yes. Sorry I missed your comment when you first made it; not sure how that slipped by.

Edit: Current plan is much less 'graphical', however; instead, it will likely take the form of a table with columns that can all be selected and mass-edited. I'd also encourage you to keep an eye on Elfe's tools as I believe he's working on this as well.

Last edited by Ceno; 04-06-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:12 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
Edit: Current plan is much less 'graphical', however; instead, it will likely take the form of a table with columns that can all be selected and mass-edited. I'd also encourage you to keep an eye on Elfe's tools as I believe he's working on this as well.
Ah that's nice to hear
Old 04-07-2017, 12:18 AM
Speaker

Quote:
This feature is what I'm working on for the next release of GDSearch, yes. Sorry I missed your comment when you first made it; not sure how that slipped by.

If I combine that with
Quote:
  • Upload everything to github.
does that mean we could have a SQL-fashion DB API for the databse, opensource, somewhere on github/lab/whatever in some near futur ?
That one could then transform into a standalone lib that can be used in maaany projects that currently dig into dbr in their own ways ?
Old 05-01-2017, 06:37 PM
Praetorian

Minor update released:

Features:
GDModPruner now prunes based on the SHA-256 hashes of all files (.dbrs, assets, etc.) between the mod and the vanilla game. Previously it would only compare text-based files for equivalency; now if any two like-named/pathed files have equivalent hashes, the mod's file will be staged for deletion. For more info, you can read up on SHA-2(56) here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHA-2

Resources -> Downloads now links to WareBare's WanezToolsGD rather than his Mastery Editor alone.

Minor adjustments to internal code, reducing the filesize of the tool by ~15%.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:20 AM
Praetorian

v0.6.5

Minor Update Released:

Features:
The application now lists its current version in the appbar.

GDModChecker now features more detailed error messages, with a better error report at the end.

GDModChecker now looks for changes to base player speeds (characterRunSpeed, characterAttackSpeed, characterSpellCastSpeed) in files that have no business changing them.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:09 PM
Praetorian

v0.6.6

Minor Update Released:

Bugfixes:
GDModChecker's summary error report at the end of the error list now correctly filters out errors in the vanilla game if 'Prune Vanilla Errors' is selected.

Tags
modding, suite, sweet, utility