Old 10-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Herald

I want one that has a chance to do an aoe knockback on-hit!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
Erm... they weren't tied to affixes...
Ah, lol, that's true
How did I not get that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roros View Post
I want one that has a chance to do an aoe knockback on-hit!
Chance to knockback can be pretty annoying tbh.. just look at D2's knockback. You have to keep on running after your target. Than again, perhaps you should just pass up on the item if you don't want the knockback modifier.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Praetorian

I'd much rather knockdown than knockback, but knock back can be cool.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Advocate

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but one thing that would be super useful in that grants skill text is having the cooldown for the skill displayed...I never know if I want to use a skill and can't really compare two different ones when I don't know how often I can actually use it or how often it can trigger.

Soul

Quote:
I hate when people quote themselves in their signature. -me
Old 10-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post

Chance to knockback can be pretty annoying tbh.. just look at D2's knockback. You have to keep on running after your target. Than again, perhaps you should just pass up on the item if you don't want the knockback modifier.
Yeah, that was one of the aspects I liked about it. You'd get 100% to knockback on a staff or bow or something and it'd be useful, but if you got it on a melee character it was a disadvantage - unless it was on polearms and the knockback strength was just low enough to put the monster out of reach of you, while your spear or pole could still reach it while it ran back up to you.

Still, I don't think I've seen any games that have had it as a pbaoe on-hit effect.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
I've reduced rifles to 00002.0 x 00004.000 so that they sound much smaller but look the same.
Big inventory gfx art looks beautiful! Keep up the good work and keep up art direction. BIG things looks much more cooler than microscopic uglies.
That's why tetris system works properly.

We fight for GREAT victory! GREAT SIZE GEAR!

Gold Reward:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqGP4LT_cYo&hd=1
Silver Reward:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puhioIlUz0Q
Old 10-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
I've reduced rifles to 00002.0 x 00004.000 so that they sound much smaller but look the same.
I'd be happier if pistols sounded bigger but took up less room and looked smaller.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."
Old 10-25-2010, 03:06 AM
Initiate

"Activated when hit"

It reminds me when I play a sort of "healer" in TQ in multiplayer with my friends : I'm so rarely hit (the "tank" take the "aggro") that my own grant skills never activate.

But the idea is great, my experience is not really an issue.

I like the swords design in the background.

Need more info !
Old 10-25-2010, 06:12 AM
Speaker

I think that affixed skills are really only that cool if it's for things you can't do otherwise, like skills no class has, like, i dunno, barbarian's jump from diablo 2 or something. I know that I'd probably never use whatever skill it was because I've already designed my character to function in a certain way, and there's little guarantee that affixed skills from armor are going to be better or complement my character. I'd recommend making affixed armor skills do cool but unnecessary things, like make it snow and stuff like that. Or find things that seemed like cool ideas but won't make it into any classes because they don't fit and do those.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Initiate

Its an interesting idea so far.It looks good though, and rather experiment to find out how often it triggers if you really want to know

Like the gun though, and think its the right size (same as a bow in TQ)

Tags
affixes, items, skills, tools