Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Development Updates

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 07-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Initiate

I've been keeping an eye on this game for a while, and I finally joined the forums here, if only to say: Damn this looks good.

Being a TQ player, I love how the UI feels immediately familiar. There is a lot left to be done here obviously, but its shaping up nicely I would say

Suggestion: Put the R/L skill buttons as they were in TQ, that is on the right of the numbered skill bar, or perhaps to the left, it just doesn't fit like this imho, kinda breaks in half. But maybe it's just that I'm too used to the TQ one, it might work nicely if you had active skills for 1-5 and sustained buffs/rarely used skills for 6-0. But I still think it would be a good idea to put the R/L skill buttons on the side.
PS: why is there two number 5 skill buttons? <curious nitpicker detected>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
Sorry, but I'm not over-enthusiastic about this picture.
Graphisms are very old school (the belts or the resistance icons), the grid seems too visible (look at this one : a lot smoother), items aren't fit well in the boxes (the shields overflow), the helmets don't have the same head size...
Furthermore the mana/life bars aren't really visible. Small, located at the corner of the screen, and the colors are really really dull...
Honestly, it's the only screenshot disappointing so far. I hope there will be a lot of improvement until the release.
Well this is just a work-in-progress, I'm sure it will get improved. Usually, first comes functionality, then the pretty shiny polish. I would take the picture more as an early glimpse instead of the final looks.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmajlicekCZ View Post
I've been keeping an eye on this game for a while, and I finally joined the forums here, if only to say: Damn this looks good.

Being a TQ player, I love how the UI feels immediately familiar. There is a lot left to be done here obviously, but its shaping up nicely I would say
Hey fellow Czech, welcome. =)

Best music label of all times: www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/

"Boxed Deluxe Edition" support
Old 07-20-2011, 06:22 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Well this is just a work-in-progress, I'm sure it will get improved. Usually, first comes functionality, then the pretty shiny polish. I would take the picture more as an early glimpse instead of the final looks.
I hope so. That's why I tried to be constructive in my feedback.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Supporter

Quote:
PS: why is there two number 5 skill buttons? <curious nitpicker detected>
There's also no 9 if you haven't noticed.

Grim Dawn... sounds like an evil dish soap.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedmetal57 View Post
There's also no 9 if you haven't noticed.
Wow, I haven't!
Old 07-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Supporter

I like it. The thing is, every dungeon crawler type game that tries to re invent the fundamentals of a dungeon crawler tend to fail IMO. I typically find them very annoying and limitied. It's not original but it's effective and I like it. This is going to sound like a crazy question, but are there plans for joke equipment? Maybe a shield with an undead clown face or something...? Or a mace that is an arm giving the middle finger?
Old 08-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Acolyte

That UI and inventory looks pretty good. I'll be doing my pre-order pretty soon as well.

I can't believe so much money goes into fonts alone. It's astounding Anyway, I guess a nice sensible font is all one needs for the game? I won't pretend to know much about it. Just seems the game already has an identity of it's own without making a fuss over fonts

Tags
inventory, user interface