Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > What Else Are You Playing?

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Acolyte

I found DS3 tremendly disgusting and more of a wannabe-a-pcgame.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketero View Post
How's that? I found it fairly decent, but your short summary of it doesn't make it sound so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
Younghappy is back - everything will be good now
Old 12-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketero View Post
Disgusting in what way? I remember the first 2-3 hours around the starting town and "cloyster" to be indeed dreadful. But the further in you get the better it all becomes. Some things were quite memorably such as the wilderness tribe.

Last edited by Gibly; 12-21-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibly View Post
Some things were quite memorable such as the wilderness tribe.
Ah, yes, I remember them! Good lore behind them too!
Quote:
Old 12-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Praetorian

An interesting and visually attractive review. I really didn't enjoy Dungeon Siege 3 as much as its predecessors but it did feel like a very different game. There was not enough characterization or storyline development to keep me interested in that aspect of the game. The loot was passable, and in truth, didn't feel that important to game progression. The skill tree was clunky to use and entirely uninspiring: leveling up seldom felt gratifying as the limited and sometimes opaque nature of the possible skills/talents builds left me with uninteresting choices. The DLC was perhaps the most enjoyable section with a a much more attractive colour palette. If TQIT were a 9 then DS3 would be a 5 (average).
Old 12-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koovan View Post
An interesting and visually attractive review. I really didn't enjoy Dungeon Siege 3 as much as its predecessors but it did feel like a very different game. There was not enough characterization or storyline development to keep me interested in that aspect of the game. The loot was passable, and in truth, didn't feel that important to game progression. The skill tree was clunky to use and entirely uninspiring: leveling up seldom felt gratifying as the limited and sometimes opaque nature of the possible skills/talents builds left me with uninteresting choices. The DLC was perhaps the most enjoyable section with a a much more attractive colour palette. If TQIT were a 9 then DS3 would be a 5 (average).
Thanks koovan! And yeah, maybe a 5 is acceptable when DS3 is compared to TQ. Unfortunately, I haven't played the first two games in the DS series (same with the Diablo series, I always hear about the first two and the third people always label as rubbish)
I probably should try and get my hands on the DLC, which I have not yet acquired, but heard about it. Apparently it dumps alot more loot on the PC at one time; that was one of my issues with the original.
Anyway, cheers for the reply!
Younghappy
Quote:
Old 12-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Praetorian

DS1 left such an impression I can't remember a damn thing from it. But DS2 is definately worth playing. Story, environments. The character develops according to how much you use a certain spell/attack and when gaining enough points you can unlock skills in that area to use. First playthrough you'll see area's you can't visit. Next playthrough you can visit them since you gathered the required parameters/characters so you have a little something new to explore.

Only weird thing is that the first playthrough you have a giant warrior. The next he is a giant wizard. why not introduce entirely new characters to take into your team? This was just weird in light of the awesome that is DS2.

DS3 doesn't compare to it though. DS2 is party based hacking and slashing. DS3 is just weird Arpg.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibly View Post
DS1 left such an impression I can't remember a damn thing from it. But DS2 is definately worth playing. Story, environments. The character develops according to how much you use a certain spell/attack and when gaining enough points you can unlock skills in that area to use. First playthrough you'll see area's you can't visit. Next playthrough you can visit them since you gathered the required parameters/characters so you have a little something new to explore.

Only weird thing is that the first playthrough you have a giant warrior. The next he is a giant wizard. why not introduce entirely new characters to take into your team? This was just weird in light of the awesome that is DS2.

DS3 doesn't compare to it though. DS2 is party based hacking and slashing. DS3 is just weird Arpg.
Sounds like I need to get my hands on DS2 then! What you said about it sounds interesting Gibly!
Quote:
Old 12-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Herald

I placed this game under the console port list which did not lived up to its prequel pc cousin.

soldier of fortune 3
dragon age 2
modern warfare 2
diablo 3
and some more i probably forgot to mention.

Patron key holder
Need a GrimDawn Avatar?!
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834
Closed Thread

Tags
itemization, items, loot, loot system, review