Old 07-28-2016, 01:41 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
You could, if you wish, play the Crucible entirely to (steadily) level up and never set foot in the Campaign.

It will not be as easy to reach 50 Devotion Points as it is in the Campaign, but it is possible.

By skipping the Campaign, you would miss out on Factions/Faction Rewards and extra inventory bags.
Great to hear, thank you.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:51 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
You get them as reward. I doubt you can level in the Crucible only because of that. More importantly I do not get why you would want to, all that does is make it one long grind in the same dungeon over and over...
I would like to know if Crucible will be similar to Eternal mod which I like very much and where you can play your character from lvl 1. I understand that in Crucible we shall not have all the stuff present like in Eternal (e.g. faction gear...) but the mechanism could be the same....
Old 07-28-2016, 04:11 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash View Post
That's exactly his point, though. The Hidden Path did more for character development despite costing less. It's a perfectly reasonable argument that non-free DLC should offer some form of character progression even for characters wearing current BiS gear, especially when basically every previous freely offered content-patch has offered character progression for BiS chars.
Exactly, which is why I contend something small like a 5 point devotion cap or maybe the ability to unlock some additional stat points, or as someone brilliantly suggested the ability to respec some MASTERY points would be amazing as a reward, and attract my BiS toons like bees to honey.

Great thing about rewards like that is they do not unbalance the data for people who do not have crucible playing with those who do have it. I hope they consider this especially given leveling up in Crucible won't be a good idea unless you already have your factions maxed (no faction gain in Crucible and devotion points will be harder to obtain than outside).

Last edited by blawsonhull; 07-28-2016 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:23 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjodik View Post
I would like to know if Crucible will be similar to Eternal mod which I like very much and where you can play your character from lvl 1. I understand that in Crucible we shall not have all the stuff present like in Eternal (e.g. faction gear...) but the mechanism could be the same....
You can enter at any level. Once in it, there are waves of enemies which you have to defeat to gain points and eventually items.

The items you only get once you defeat a series of waves, after that you decide to either continue for better / more items or cash out. If you die during the next series, you lose all items you already gained and start over.
Items are random, so you are not working towards anything specific where you know you either gained it or have to keep fighting waves.

No idea how Eternal mod is in comparison.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:42 PM
Acolyte

I don't understand why is the patch 1.0.0.5 tied with the release of The Crucible DLC? I'm sure there are many players like me who couldn't care less about that DLC but are eagerly awaiting the next patch.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:45 PM
Acolyte

P.S. I really hope that announced "balance/tuning pass" won't introduce more dumb nerfs like patch 1.0.0.4. This is a single player game, for Christ's sake. Players will always strive to find more powerful, "unbalanced" abilities and items, that's half of the fun. Don't destroy fun for sake of completely unnecessary "balance".
Old 07-28-2016, 04:46 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
I don't understand why is the patch 1.0.0.5 tied with the release of The Crucible DLC? I'm sure there are many players like me who couldn't care less about that DLC but are eagerly awaiting the next patch.
1.0.0.5 is actually separate from the Crucible and contains balance and bug fixes etc. The Crucible will be dlc and show as such while the rest of the update would occur normally and automatically (on Steam).

They will release together of course but to get the Crucible part of it you will need to either buy it or be receiving it free if you meet the conditions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2016, 04:49 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
P.S. I really hope that announced "balance/tuning pass" won't introduce more dumb nerfs like patch 1.0.0.4. This is a single player game, for Christ's sake. Players will always strive to find more powerful, "unbalanced" abilities and items, that's half of the fun. Don't destroy fun for sake of completely unnecessary "balance".
Nerfing and buffing are all part of balancing. Just because a game is considered single player doesn't mean squat in relation to that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2016, 04:54 PM
Praetorian

Saying a game should be unbalanced (or at least have some unbalanced items or skills) because it's single player focused is one of the dumbest things i ever read/heard.

A game should be balanced regardless if it's offline or online.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:06 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Saying a game should be unbalanced (or at least have some unbalanced items or skills) because it's single player focused is one of the dumbest things i ever read/heard.
I play ONLY single player games (RPG and TBS), and I play them for fun. And I really don't care about balance. In my book, "perfect balance" means exactly perfect boredom.

Tags
grim misadventure