Old 03-06-2017, 03:29 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
They're not going to be called Mythical Empowered... They will simply be Mythical. It's redundant.
Handy to know, but...If you asked Blizzard before they made Ancients, if they'd ever make Primordial Ancients, they'd have said no. I'm just worrying that this is a slippery slope to exchanging new content for upgraded old content.

Don't get me wrong, it seems cool, I like skill modification, they seem well done... I just don't want to look back from the next expansion, or from GD 2, and see this as the place Crate's high quality and morals went Blizzard on us.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:30 PM
Supporter

Idea of adding skill modifiers to items sounds great, but one thing caught my eye.

On Mythical Grim Fate, it says: 75% Vitality Damage converted to Fire Damage on Sigil of Consumption.

It might be a long shot, but what about builds that use Vitality Damage as primary/secondary damage source and want to use this new Mythical Grim Fate? Maybe they don't want conversion.

Would it be possible to make these things more dynamic, in a sense, that player can choose conversion type?

An idea: new types of conversion items (runes) that can be hooked unto any equipment.

For example: Hooking a skill modifying rune onto a weapon (same as augments and components) with properties: AAR Aether damage converted to Chaos (you can ditch AAR transmuter)

Another example: Hooking a skill modifying rune onto a ring with properties: Olexa Flash Freeze breaks freeze imunity

Edit: yet another example.

I would really love to have -15% Chaos resist on Curse of Frailty on my AAR Warlock. However I can't because I cant use AAR with Mythical Obisidan Juggernaut

End edit.

Stuff like that.

Probably never gonna happen

Last edited by drazac; 03-06-2017 at 03:34 PM.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23  
Old 03-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssheepster View Post
Handy to know, but...If you asked Blizzard before they made Ancients, if they'd ever make Primordial Ancients, they'd have said no. I'm just worrying that this is a slippery slope to exchanging new content for upgraded old content.

Don't get me wrong, it seems cool, I like skill modification, they seem well done... I just don't want to look back from the next expansion, or from GD 2, and see this as the place Crate's high quality and morals went Blizzard on us.
Just seemed like an odd thought process considering that this process is literally what we did with low level Epic items to make them relevant at level cap and since it was well-received we are repeating it for the expansion.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by drazac View Post
Idea of adding skill modifiers to items sounds great, but one thing caught my eye.

On Mythical Grim Fate, it says: 75% Vitality Damage converted to Fire Damage on Sigil of Consumption.

It might be a long shot, but what about builds that use Vitality Damage as primary/secondary damage source and want to use this new Mythical Grim Fate? Maybe they don't want conversion.

Would it be possible to make these things more dynamic, in a sense, that player can choose conversion type?

An idea: new types of conversion items (runes) that can be hooked unto any equipment.

For example: Hooking a skill modifying rune onto a weapon (same as augments and components) with properties: AAR Aether damage converted to Chaos (you can ditch AAR transmuter)

Another example: Hooking a skill modifying rune onto a ring with properties: Olexa Flash Freeze breaks freeze imunity

Stuff like that.

Probably never gonna happen
Perhaps an Aura on the existing iitems, so you can toggle or not.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:32 PM
Herald

Will we see skill modifiers on new items as well, or just mythical versions of old ones ?
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #26  
Old 03-06-2017, 03:33 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatMB View Post
Will we see skill modifiers on new items as well, or just mythical versions of old ones ?
Skill Modifiers will occur at all levels on Monster Infrequents, and on Legendaries level 80+, new and Mythical.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:34 PM
Supporter

I want bysmiel amulet!!! Now!!! Gimmme!!!!!
Old 03-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Herald

Quote:
Just seemed like an odd thought process considering that this process is literally what we did with low level Epic items to make them relevant at level cap and since it was well-received we are repeating it for the expansion.
I wasn't here when that occurred, or I'd have said something then TBH.You guys do a wonderful job, but the temptation to go the Blizzard route is strong at times. I've seen many quality companies do it, and I just hope Crate doesn't do the same.

With respect...Can you say my worries are unfounded, given how many times it's happened iin recent years? Lots of companies taking the easy way out, rather than maintaining their quality. You guys are quality NOW...But from the outside, how can I know that will last? How can you? You wouldn't be the first company to swear it would never happen and then justify changing that statement a year or so down the road.

Shrug. I'm a worrier, it's what I do.
Herald

Quote:
Skill Modifiers will occur at all levels on Monster Infrequents, and on Legendaries level 80+, new and Mythical.
Ok thank you very much for your answer, i'm still amazed by the possibilities this new feature add
Initiate

Wow...just wow. If I wasn't stoked before I am doubly now.

Tags
grim misadventure, itemization, skills