Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Development Updates

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 09-26-2016, 04:44 PM
Counsel

Dear Crate staffs,

yeah, if you could stop raping my free time by producing enticing new content over an already awesome game that would be great thx
Old 09-26-2016, 04:46 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
we return to our classic bi-weekly schedule
This is the best part of this GM.

Kickstarter Contributor - Hoarder's Edition - 5/2/2012
Old 09-26-2016, 04:55 PM
Advocate

Old 09-26-2016, 05:05 PM
Emissary

As always, great job Crate. Super excited

Bi-weekly schedule is back! Yes!!
Old 09-26-2016, 05:10 PM
Initiate

Instead of advertising future content, you should really pay attention to game-killing bugs posted on the bug section of the forums. Such as rifts not spawning mobs for the related quests, or the more annoying one I just noticed on my first time trying out Crucible;

There's absolutely zero mobs in the whole Crucible for me. I could just stand still and go through 100 waves without seeing anything. And there wasn't any loot either obviously.

Those are both really serious issues that you should really, REALLY pay attention to. Rifts not triggering mob spawns for quests has been reported on the forum TWO MONTHS AGO, and some "Crate Employee" has only suggested a "clean install" or "reinstalling vcredist", with no follow-ups on any later posts in that thread, after those vague suggestions obviously have NOT helped.

If getting a refund 3 months after buying the game was possible, I'd do that right away. At the current state, game is relatively unplayable from my point of view, as I DO want to finish the quests as well, instead of just grinding the levels.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:14 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FI-Beldin View Post
Instead of advertising future content, you should really pay attention to game-killing bugs posted on the bug section of the forums. Such as rifts not spawning mobs for the related quests, or the more annoying one I just noticed on my first time trying out Crucible;

There's absolutely zero mobs in the whole Crucible for me. I could just stand still and go through 100 waves without seeing anything. And there wasn't any loot either obviously.

Those are both really serious issues that you should really, REALLY pay attention to. Rifts not triggering mob spawns for quests has been reported on the forum TWO MONTHS AGO, and some "Crate Employee" has only suggested a "clean install" or "reinstalling vcredist", with no follow-ups on any later posts in that thread, after those vague suggestions obviously have NOT helped.

If getting a refund 3 months after buying the game was possible, I'd do that right away. At the current state, game is relatively unplayable from my point of view, as I DO want to finish the quests as well, instead of just grinding the levels.
I never encountered any of the bugs that you said and I've cleared Normal, Elite and Ultimate as well as all Crucible three difficulties. Have you doing a clean reinstall of the game? Anyway I think you should keep technical problems to the correct section.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavar View Post
This is the best part of this GM.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Although glad to see Mirelurks coming to Grim Dawn.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FI-Beldin View Post

>Implying they are not working on bug fixes as well as adversting new content
>Implying they aren't aware of possible bugs and aren't looking for a way to fix them

Seriously, if it was an issue that was happening to everybody else, or with a good deal of the playerbase, do you honestly believe that they wouldn't fix it right away?

Chill out and provide every possible information of your PC and which OS you use and actually help the devs to find what is the deal with your game (it really sounds like a problem at your end) instead of throwing a fit like a raging kid.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:32 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evange View Post
I never encountered any of the bugs that you said and I've cleared Normal, Elite and Ultimate as well as all Crucible three difficulties. Have you doing a clean reinstall of the game? Anyway I think you should keep technical problems to the correct section.
Yes. I have removed everything related to the game - at least files I could find in reasonable locations - including backing up saves, redownloading the game from Steam, starting a new character from scratch with no old saves in place, and still had a bugged rift in Wightmire. And skipping that, I found another bugged rift in Burrwitch.

Something is very wrong, and there's no response to this issue at least here on the forums. Because of my post count, I couldn't link the actual bug thread where I also posted what I have tried so far, but believe me, I have tried whatever I could imagine. It just does not work.

Curious thing is, that when I played my first character through Normal and Epic in July after purchasing the game, those rifts worked. Then I had a little break, and when I came back to try Ultimate, nothing works. And I can't get it to work. Something has gone seriously broken during that break.

I could even broaden the bug description, without knowing anything about the actual tech behind the game, by saying that it feels like there is some sort of scripting in various scenarios where mobs should spawn when the player comes into a specific area or does a specific action, and these scripts are completely dead for me; no mobs when approaching rifts, no mobs when i choose to go further in Crucible.

I was able to finish Ultimate when a friend of mine hosted the game session, but that's no solution, if I can only play when someone else is hosting a session (no, public games hosted by strangers do not count, I don't touch them).

Yet another strange thing is that there's absolutely no Nemesis spawning in any of my game sessions. That seems bugged as well. I can find the trove(s) easily, but never, ever any Nemesis. I feel like it has something to do with other issues I'm having with the game...

What really annoys me in this is that there has been no true response to this issue at the bug forums. From my point of view, it feels like they just simply do not care, as it's been there for two months and there's no indication that it would even be under investigation.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:35 PM
Acolyte

Very nice news, especially the 2-weekly schedule

» http://titanquest.4fansites.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11943

Tags
grim misadventure