Old 07-07-2018, 11:25 PM
Acolyte

so to clarify, updating entails COMBINING the update with the base mod
and not simply replacing the "grimillarion" folder with the new version
right?

edit*, yep did that, seems all good now

and now i get to rechoose my 2nd mastery for the char i loaded when i did it wrong yesterday

any class sugestion for a dot build? (ie stacking skils like ring of fire)

atm most things die upon approach, meteor (earth/item) thins out swarms,
but something just feels missing, likely from my leftclick attacks (melee)

Last edited by Altreaver; 07-07-2018 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:13 AM
Acolyte

after closing and reloading the game, the version indicator started saying 59b again
i re-exrtacted v60 and v60b update combined them place in mods (only file there)

and im getting 59b still?

will keep tinkering

tryed just using v60, says 59b

ah found it, seems that the colourfull items mod caused the version tag to change,
atfer selecting the colourfull option in languages
colours seem to show reguardless so no biggie

Last edited by Altreaver; 07-08-2018 at 04:28 AM.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:16 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoingZen View Post
Warfare appears to have quite a bit to offer two-handed builds. Onslaught>Ardor has a very nice attack speed boost which really enhanced two-handed weapon damage. Triumph strip physical damage resistance which really amplifies your DPS. While I haven't used it myself, Warwind looks very nice to use with a two-handed weapon. Weapon Training is also fantastic. Doom Horn strips physical resistance as well.

I'm debating how useful Onslaught's transmuter would be. Flail gives an incredible attack speed bonus (40%!) but you would need to get a bit more OA to keep even.

I think Warfare would function quite well
It's got some really nice skills for all kinds of melee, can't deny that. But what I mean is, there aren't many default attack "modifiers" for two-handed weapons (don't remember how exactly those are called. They are passive skills which let you perform a special attack with a certain chance when you're hitting your enemies with default attacks or skills like Cadence and such. Markovian Advantage, for example).

It's just that Warfare has a whole chain of passive skills based around dual-weilding. It's certainly great for all melee builds, but it feels like missing a piece of cake out of the whole plate.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:23 AM
Herald

Default Item Filter for Grimarillion v60b

The tagitems text was changed considerably when Grimarillion became v60, so it took time to rework the color-coded text.

Here are the color coding text for v60b.

See this for usage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grimarillion staff.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	19065  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Colorful_Grimaril_60b.zip (992.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 07-08-2018, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Is Spirit's Drain Life supposed to work the same way as it does in TQIT? Because I'm not seeing any beam, though it does make a sound when I cast it. Not sure it's actually working as it should.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:15 PM
Praetorian

No it functions like drain essence from gd's necromancer class now.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Okay. But there should still be a beam?
Old 07-08-2018, 12:50 PM
Praetorian

Yea while it's channeled there should be a beam. It might not show immediately I think I remember the skill being kinda weird, try it on a dummy. If it doesn't work I'll have to check it out.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Nope, it's working. Tried it on a dummy and there is a beam so it's fine.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:07 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matougi View Post
The tagitems text was changed considerably when Grimarillion became v60, so it took time to rework the color-coded text.

Here are the color coding text for v60b.

See this for usage.
What happened with tagItems? Is this the D3 tag file for the uniques?

Digging up some posts that I forgot to reply to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablogolic View Post
Is it possible to change Grim Quest's Warfare mastery a bit so it fits into two-handed melee a bit more? I'd love to play around more with two-handed builds but it feels like there's isn't much space for experiments outside of Soldier, Shaman and Terror Knight, unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablogolic View Post
It's just that Warfare has a whole chain of passive skills based around dual-weilding. It's certainly great for all melee builds, but it feels like missing a piece of cake out of the whole plate.
I'll think about it, but I'm not sure that Warfare really is missing much for even a 2h build. If anything I'll see if I can adjust the wps that exist but I'm not adding more. If the animations are compatible maybe I can do it and adjust the tags, otherwise... sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoingZen View Post
I'm debating how useful Onslaught's transmuter would be. Flail gives an incredible attack speed bonus (40%!) but you would need to get a bit more OA to keep even.
I'm curious to see how well some of the Warfare transmuters actually work. Those were kind of just things I winged since I had no idea what else to add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
@Asylum101 Would be nice if you add 1 more axe and 1 more hammer auto-attack skills to defense mastery
Dunno, Defense mastery already has quite a lot of WPS, adding 2 more would seem to be overkill. As it stands, with 3 shield wps and 1 melee wps (axe or hammer) you can hit 80% chance. On a single mastery, that is a ton of wps. Even nightblade who is supposed to be a dual wield class can only reach 80% excluding the dual wield skill. Inquisitor can only reach 60% excluding the dual wield. Soldier/Shaman/Necro only reach 50% on their own. I'm thinking if you want more weapon proc, you'll need to take another class with wps.
Closed Thread