Old 01-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Supporter

Default [Mod] Quickloot

This mod enables auto-picking of components, quest items (dynamite, scrap), and crafting materials, including those from the Ashes of Malmouth expansion.
It was inspired by Elfe's People Are Lazy aka Autopickup mod but uses different script to trigger auto-pickup.
You can also enable auto-pickup for consumables (potions) or any custom items.

Downloads

Quickloot - No edits contains no changes in vanilla records, you can apply your own changes.

Quickloot - Source v1.0 source files for version 1.0. Contain changes in vanilla loot tables, enemies, chests, merchants.

Quickloot - Mod Built with game version 1.0.4.0. Extract to Grim Dawn/mods/ and play. Contains changes in vanilla loot tables, enemies, chests, merchants.

Adding you own items

1. Download either Quickloot - No edits if you are not satisfied with changes I've made, or Quickloot - Source vX.X to edit the mod
2. Extract the content to your working directory (eg. .../Grim Dawn/working/mods/)
3. Select Quickloot from the drop-down menu in the Asset Manager
4. Apply the required changes (see Applying Changes)
5. Build

Applying changes

There are two ways to enable auto-loot for items.

Variant 1

This mod contains all required items with enabled auto-loot, all you have to do is to scan all .dbr's in "records/creatures/" and "records/items/", import all records containing references to components or materials, and replace the actual item with the item from this mod
(eg "records/items/questitems/scrap.dbr" will be replaced with "records/items/quickloot/questitems/scrap.dbr"). Note that vendors selling components share loottables with monsters so in order to avoid glitches you have to duplicate those .dbr's and assign them
to vendors instead (for example, "tdyn_comp_aethermighty_a01.dbr" is being used by both vendors and monsters).
This variant is harder to implement and very time consuming, but in game everything looks like in vanilla except that components are now being picked automatically.

Variant 2

Import all items you want to auto-pick in game, select all imported records and add
Code:
gd.quickloot.replicate
under Scripts > onAddToWorld. With this variant all edited items dropped by chests/monsters will be immediately added to the player inventory while items that are being sold remain intact.

Feedback & Credits

Thanks to Elfe for the original mod

If you notice any bugs or missing items just let me know.

You are free to use this mod in your own mod/compilation.

Last edited by 3JIou; 01-05-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:55 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3JIou View Post
First off, note that this mod doesn't do anything on its own. In order to make it work you have to edit it as described below. I may add the actual mod later.

This mod enables auto-picking of components, quest items (dynamite, scrap), and crafting materials, including those from the Ashes of Malmouth expansion.
It was inspired by Elfe's People Are Lazy aka Autopickup mod but uses different script to trigger auto-pickup.
You can also enable auto-pickup for consumables (potions) or any custom items.

Usage

1. Extract the content into your working directory (eg. .../Grim Dawn/working/mods/)
2. Select Quickloot from the drop-down menu in the Asset Manager
3. Apply the required changes (see Applying Changes)
4. Build

Applying changes

There are two ways to enable auto-loot for items.

Variant 1

The mod contains all required items with enabled auto-loot, all you have to do is to scan all .dbr's in "records/creatures/" and "records/items/", import all records containing references to components or materials, and replace the actual item with the item from this mod
(eg "records/items/questitems/scrap.dbr" will be replaced with "records/items/quickloot/questitems/scrap.dbr"). Note that vendors selling components share loottables with monsters so in order to avoid glitches you have to duplicate those .dbr's and assign them
to vendors instead (for example, "tdyn_comp_aethermighty_a01.dbr" is being used by both vendors and monsters).
This variant is harder to implement and very time consuming, but in game everything looks like in vanilla except that components are now being picked automatically.

Variant 2

Import all items you want to auto-pick in game, select all imported records and add
Code:
gd.quickloot.replicate
under Scripts > onAddToWorld. With this variant all items dropped by chests/monsters will be immediately added to the player inventory while items that are being sold remain intact.

Feedback & Credits

Thanks to Elfe for the original mod

If you notice any bugs or missing items just let me know.

You are free to use this mod in your own mod/compilation.

Just when i thought youre taking a holiday on new year eve...

yet welcome with this sudden gesture
Old 01-05-2018, 01:17 PM
Supporter

Uploaded v1.0 with source files. I did a quick run to Warden and everything seemed to be working as expected. Let me know if you find any bugs.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:44 PM
Initiate

Any chance you could re-host elsewhere as megaupload's transfer quota thing is stopping me from downloading it
Old 01-15-2018, 12:03 PM
Supporter

Also available here.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:07 PM
Initiate

Hi, can I use this with german translation?
Old 01-30-2018, 11:10 AM
Supporter

Yes, I think, but all items changed by this mod will be in English anyway.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:37 PM
Initiate

Hmm ok

I downloaded the mod...

Quickloot - Mod Built with game version 1.0.4.0. Extract to Grim Dawn/mods/ and play. Contains changes in vanilla loot tables, enemies, chests, merchants.

... and put it in the mods directory and start the game and nothing is happen. Relicts dont loot automatic...

What did I wrong?
Old 08-29-2018, 06:22 PM
Speaker

Hello. I am attempting to add this to a mod I am working on with edited loot tables and many new items.
I am not entirely understanding the 2 variants of adding this to my mod?

For example for the variant 2 with replication (which I want to use) Am I simply opening Quickloot mod then importing into it from my mod? Where do I run the script? And then can I put the updated resources etc back in my original mod location?
Old 08-30-2018, 08:46 PM
Supporter

You just need to copypaste quickloot.lua from "...Quickloot\source\Scripts\game" to your mod's "source\Scripts\game" folder, add this
Code:
--Mod
Script.Load("scripts/game/quickloot.lua")
to your main.lua and that's generally it (also, don't forget to auto-create assets). After that just add the code from the description to any item you want to be autopicked, under Scripts - OnAddToWorld.

Tags
auto-pickup, autoloot, mod