#1381  
Old 07-15-2018, 04:50 PM
Romashkin Romashkin is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
Adding masteries may seem like a simple change... Just add classes, but there's more to it.
So add the whole cataclysm mod. Remove ceno and then add cataclysm. We played old masteries, we studied them completely, along and across, how about something new?
If not, then how about give us any simple ability to make changes between different types of damage INSIDE every mastery? One (or two) skill button in every mastery, that will convert fire to aether, pierce to lightning etc.
Because we know everything (ok, almost everything) about existing skills, and with new types of damage this game will be updated.
Reply With Quote
  #1382  
Old 07-15-2018, 04:53 PM
ASYLUM101's Avatar
ASYLUM101 ASYLUM101 is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,174
Default

Lol, like I said, there's more to it then that, so, thanks for the suggestions but I think I'll pass for now.
Reply With Quote
  #1383  
Old 07-15-2018, 07:21 PM
Grimer Grimer is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romashkin View Post
We played old masteries, we studied them completely, along and across, how about something new?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romashkin View Post
Because we know everything (ok, almost everything) about existing skills, and with new types of damage this game will be updated.
What's the big deal with damage types? Want something new mentioning damage transmute as suggestion is like take sand to the beach imo. You're right when you say 'we know almost/everything', modders already tried everything while making new skills/masteries. That's why there's nothing new, only FG will bring different skills... "different". Something really ~new~ would change the way you build a class, craft items, with new maps, monsters, etc. Hope Ceno finish Zenith someday, then you'll have Something New™ to play.
Reply With Quote
  #1384  
Old 07-15-2018, 07:38 PM
Roadblock Roadblock is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 69
Default

Is it me or leveling Onslaught past 12 is pointless? No more charges or increase in weapon damage in comparison to Savagery. Only %phys/pierce damage increases and their impact is veryy minimal on dps
Also Battle Rage and Crushing Blow have only 16lvl as ultimate, is this intended?
Reply With Quote
  #1385  
Old 07-16-2018, 12:52 AM
thepowerofmediocrity thepowerofmediocrity is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 305
Default

I just finished the Loghorrean on Veteran (Grimmest) and got up to Level 56 in doing so. I still have to do a few quests and open up some of the base game Devotion Shrines, but I'll probably do that after I start getting faction for both the Coven Witches and Barrowhelm. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll get Nemesis status with almost every faction except Cronley, Death Vigil, and the AoM Nemeses just doing Veteran alone, so I'll have to prepare my Resists so I'm able to take on a few surprises.

Highlights of this game so far:
  • Swarm Queen Ravna has been the coolest boss battle I've come across this game. It's really a swarm of insects out to completely devour you.
  • I love the fact you can put weapon augments on jewelry. That little change does so much to increase player survivability.
  • +All Skills in jewelry is bound to bust the game wide open, but I'll see what I think after I go through Grimmest Elite / Ultimate.
  • I thought I remember you saying you putting TQ prefixes / suffixes in this game and thus you can get green items with +Skills in TQ masteries. I've had no luck finding any so far - do I have to craft a particular item to get a chance in getting those particular affixes?

If none of the moderators mind, I might necro the mod build thread and post my build - I'm still playing v59b because it's nice getting a broken (in the best way) class combo once in a while and Pierce / Vitality resists are very elusive for some reason that would make it much harder to play if I updated to the current version (and yet I have +120% Elemental Resists because all my good items just give that resist ).
__________________
NOTE: All builds that I post are directly created with GDStash (all valid prefix/suffix combos) for the purpose of testing and demonstrating what is possible. I used to have a legit character used for trading before the expansion, but I have not used him since the expansion.

PM me if you'd like any questions regarding pet builds or would like me to critique your Summoners. Also, view my profile to see my list of current pet builds and those I plan to post in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #1386  
Old 07-16-2018, 04:29 AM
ASYLUM101's Avatar
ASYLUM101 ASYLUM101 is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
Is it me or leveling Onslaught past 12 is pointless? No more charges or increase in weapon damage in comparison to Savagery. Only %phys/pierce damage increases and their impact is veryy minimal on dps
Also Battle Rage and Crushing Blow have only 16lvl as ultimate, is this intended?
Onslaught: It's minimal gain after 16, I never did a full rework on it when I updated the cap. I spent about an hour just now reworking it so it works more in line with Savagery and matches it's power level a liiiittle closer. I might have overtuned it so keep an eye out for it when I release 60c. (maybe this week)

Battle Rage/Crushing Blow: Not intended. Report any other skills that don't have a +10 cap, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepowerofmediocrity View Post
Highlights of this game so far:
  • Swarm Queen Ravna has been the coolest boss battle I've come across this game. It's really a swarm of insects out to completely devour you.
  • I love the fact you can put weapon augments on jewelry. That little change does so much to increase player survivability.
  • +All Skills in jewelry is bound to bust the game wide open, but I'll see what I think after I go through Grimmest Elite / Ultimate.
  • I thought I remember you saying you putting TQ prefixes / suffixes in this game and thus you can get green items with +Skills in TQ masteries. I've had no luck finding any so far - do I have to craft a particular item to get a chance in getting those particular affixes?
Yeah, thanks to jiaco for all the grimmest voodoo scripts you see that make the crazy encounters.

GQ affixes have to be crafted, they don't spawn anymore. Check the Satyr crafter in DC.

Weapon augments on jewelry... hmm seems like a remnant artifact from Cornucopia mod... not supposed to be there but whatever, really no harm done.
Reply With Quote
  #1387  
Old 07-16-2018, 07:19 AM
Roadblock Roadblock is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
Battle Rage/Crushing Blow: Not intended. Report any other skills that don't have a +10 cap, thanks.
Forgot about Counter Attack in Battle Rage line, it has only 12/12 as max level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
Onslaught: It's minimal gain after 16, I never did a full rework on it when I updated the cap. I spent about an hour just now reworking it so it works more in line with Savagery and matches it's power level a liiiittle closer. I might have overtuned it so keep an eye out for it when I release 60c. (maybe this week)
Oh, nice, thank you for doing this, can't wait to test out new things
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.