Old 11-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Champion

Default Hyrule Historia

Woooot...

I had already preordered Hyrule Historia from Darkhorse Comics.. but now they are coming out with A Limited Edition, 4000 copies only

And i am SOOOOOOO getting it.. i'm a HUGE fan of Zelda series... and it's not even that expensive, there is a website taking preorders already but.. its 60$ for the book and then 40 for the shipping.. so ima wait on Amazon!

and i WILL buy it haha
Had to share the excitement

Steam Username : Skellt
Old 11-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Champion

That's like me and the mythology series for the Dark Crystal. They're coming out with the second book for it this January. Looking forward to that one.

I was the same way when I finally got in to Fables, Lucifer and Preacher. Looking for a new set, may just get the Walking Dead or Sandman. Good thing they're reprinting TWD, because I'd hate to get #1 for like $1,000 USD on Ebay.

Last edited by Malpheas; 11-27-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

While I have no problem with the Dark Crystal comics, the one that impressed me most that they did was the Jim Henson's Storyteller hardcover.... Such a under-appreciated TV show, it was nice to see someone bring it back...

As well, since you are a fan of the Vertigo titles I don't know how you can not read The Sandman (and then all the offshoots like the Death comics, The Dreaming, the Sandman Presents, etc... you've already read the Lucifer series...). Walking Dead is good as well, but in either case, buy the trade paperbacks / collections.... so much more sensible than trying to get individual comics now. Unless you are a collector...

I'd also recommend picking up Fairest, Jack of Fables, and the Cinderella miniseries if you are a Fables fan. There is also the new hardcover out this month - Werewolves of the Heartland, and the Fables novel Peter & Max.

Preacher is ok to my tastes.... certainly not my favorite of the Vertigo line, but if you enjoyed Ennis' stories, you'd certainly enjoy parts (and hopefully all) of my other favorite Vertigo title - Hellblazer which is currently headed for issue #300! Hmmm.... what else would I recommend.... Oh, The Books of Magic (there is a reprint/deluxe version of the original four Gaiman issues in January...)

Other titles I'd throw in / recommend ... 100 Bullets; Y: The Last Man; and The Unwritten
If you ever want more opinions, just ask... I'll throw in my two cents worth...
Old 11-28-2012, 03:22 AM
Herald

So, the limited edition sold out?
Or it's not available yet?
Amazon and Barnes & Noble list it as unavailable.
– Max Payne
Old 11-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Champion

well either it took 3 min to sell, or i was late to the party, tbh, don't know

Steam Username : Skellt
Old 11-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Herald

Well, Barnes & Noble updated the status to Pre-order now.

You can't pre-order yet online though. (Not sure if you can pre-order in person.)

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/hyru...yrule+historia
– Max Payne
Closed Thread