Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 09-24-2016, 08:28 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalKombat View Post
I use Judicator's Signets. I think they're BiS for Crucible (and thus, main campain too). They offered me the same clear speed as Ring of Black Matriarch + great rare ring, but surviveability (with extra DA and HP regen) is clearly higher.
Thanks I will be using them for now on. Mortal I noticed you have a different setup vs the OP and I am having trouble completing gladiator solo. Do you have a full set of what you use or should I just read through this thread again and piece it together?
Old 09-24-2016, 08:46 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggsly View Post
Thanks I will be using them for now on. Mortal I noticed you have a different setup vs the OP and I am having trouble completing gladiator solo. Do you have a full set of what you use or should I just read through this thread again and piece it together?
I'll quote some of my previous post:
Quote:
My final conclusion after many Crucible runs on Softcore were following:
1. Justicator's Signets (rings) are really the best.
2. Menhir's Bulwark (relic) isnt needed as long as you have Markovian's and Justicator's sets.
3. Chausses of Barbaros are the best leggings you can realistically get.
4. Tyrant's Exalted Double Axe of Alacrity(Rifthound) is the best weapon you can realistically get (anything better can be get by extreme luckers or nolifers only).
5. Dealing high DPS helps a LOT in Crucible. The most dire treat for you - enemies that reduce your % resistances. The faster you kill them, the safer your playthrough will be. Sometimes, it's even better to kill them fast, rather than be more tanky. With something like 50% resuced resistance, no amount of HP/block will save you from hard-hitting enemies.
6. My latest devotion build is the best.
I believe i've posted my setup much earlier, just cant find it. From that time, i changed my rings (into Judicator Signets set) and leggings (from Empowered Hermit leggings into Chausses of Barbaros). The rest items remained unchanged (i've tried Menhir's Bastion, but came to conclusion, that i dont need it, and returned to Oleron's Wrath).
Still using Warpath Girdle, cause Reforged Chains of Oleron dont drop. But the only difference will be a bit higher DPS.

If you wont find my post with old setup, i'll post it again.

P.S. A shame OP cant update, would helped a lot actually.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:42 PM
Initiate

Ok went through all the past posts and I think I found what I needed and it's much appreciated. Posting here in case anyone is looking for it too.

Quote:
I bound:
Falcon Swoop - to Blitz (2 sec cd, 4 sec cd - not a big deal)
Shield Wall - to Curse of Frailty (for more consistent uptime)
Assassin's Mark - to Cadence (so it procs as often as it only possible)

My skill build is something like this:
http://grimcalc.com/build/hIGYte2

Devotions
http://grimcalc.com/build/GIxq09R
Look forward to testing it out later and hopefully it helps me push through where I was having issue. Especially since I have about 90% of the gear with someone giving me the other ring I needed tonight.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:25 AM
Initiate

Is it feasible to change into this build earlier than OPs recommendation of 75? I mean, I found a bad ass 2H weapon and I'm rocking face with it, but my resists are garbage and I'm kinda squishy just getting into Elite.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:49 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNose View Post
Is it feasible to change into this build earlier than OPs recommendation of 75? I mean, I found a bad ass 2H weapon and I'm rocking face with it, but my resists are garbage and I'm kinda squishy just getting into Elite.
change whenever you want. i went the whole way with 1h+shield cadence.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:15 AM
Champion

Quote:
Sure, as soon as you're able to max out Deadly Momentum and Menhir's Bulwark. With those, any 1-h will be almost as strong as 2-h, because of added damage.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:22 AM
Initiate

Quote:
I switched to sword/shield when I went Elite. Much more survivable! And still pretty fast clearing. You will have to adjust the build a little so that you can clear faster. Like, don't go past blood of dreeg in occultist. Use those points in soldier for now. And definitely have Oleron's on whatever weapon you are using... But, at this point, you should be able to adjust the build just fine on your own for leveling.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:26 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekkuli View Post
Not everybody is so keen about trading...for me it would spoil all the fun. Item farming is only end game content this game has you know. And yeah i can back that up, still haven't seen any markovian set piece, not that i need them.
I keep getting Arcanist, Demo, Shaman and Nightblade sets. I'm wondering if I level my Sabotuer to max, will witchblade gear drop....? That would be a sneaky mechanic inserted by the devs in order to force you to level more than one character....
Old 09-25-2016, 04:15 AM
Initiate

Quote:
I'll quote some of my previous post:

I believe i've posted my setup much earlier, just cant find it. From that time, i changed my rings (into Judicator Signets set) and leggings (from Empowered Hermit leggings into Chausses of Barbaros). The rest items remained unchanged (i've tried Menhir's Bastion, but came to conclusion, that i dont need it, and returned to Oleron's Wrath).
Still using Warpath Girdle, cause Reforged Chains of Oleron dont drop. But the only difference will be a bit higher DPS.

If you wont find my post with old setup, i'll post it again.

P.S. A shame OP cant update, would helped a lot actually.
Quote:
My gear (for those who asked):
Weapon - Tyrant's Exalted Battle Axe of Alacrity + Haunted Steel + Essense of Chton.
Shield - Markovian's Bulwark + Battered Shell + Outcast Might
Helm - Markovian's Visor + Sanctified Bone
Chest - Markovian's Platemail + Chains of Oleron
Shoulders - Markovian's Vanguard + Mutated Scales
Legs - Empowered Hermit's Legguards + Mutated Scales
Feet - Boneshatter Treads + Mark of the Traveller
Amulet - Markovian's Distinction + Arcane Spark + Mogdrogen's Sanctity
Ring1 - Ring of Black Matriarch + Ectoplasm + Mogdrogen's Sanctity
Ring2 - Warding Cronley's Signet of Alacrity + Ectoplasm + Mogdrogen's Sanctity
Medal - Mark of Fierce Resolve + Dread Skull
Relic - Oleron's Wrath (with +1 to Deadly Momentum)
Waist - Warpath Girdle + Rigid Shell
Found it on post #178. Going to try your setup
Old 09-26-2016, 12:43 AM
Initiate

what are some examples of Solael-Sect Legguards prefixes/affixes which would be worth looking out for?

Tags
blitz, cadence, facetank, unkillable, witchblade