Old 09-13-2017, 03:52 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuendo View Post
The excitement is killing me!! Atlast I am happy the wait is soon over.
I mean! Pheonix devotions?!?! Thunder god devotion!?!

Sadly the first toon I will take up in the expac has nothing to do with either of those devotions, but I plan to start completely from fresh a hc occultist/necromancer based on vitality/poison damage - I know some of those vitality devotions are very suited for hc since you basicly require no gear in order to use them - haha but it should be very fun regardless.

Oh I really like that poison bomb thing that necro has, reminds me of D2 necro poison nova sort of.
i also have my plane about what i'm goin to roll first. It makes me even more anxious to put my hands on the xpac.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:51 PM
Apostle

I want to know about the factions whom you can chose to ally/defy, i hope the next misadventure covers it or better yet just gives us the damn release date

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 09-13-2017, 08:45 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuendo View Post
The excitement is killing me!! Atlast I am happy the wait is soon over.
I mean! Pheonix devotions?!?! Thunder god devotion!?!
just when i thought i had my craving under control you have to remind me of stuff i had already succesfully suppressed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
I want to know about the factions whom you can chose to ally/defy, i hope the next misadventure covers it or better yet just gives us the damn release date
didn't you mean to write "the faction witch you can chose to ally/defy"... i'll take my hat...

Last edited by durruti; 09-13-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:27 PM
Herald

My bet is the Wendigo faction.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:30 AM
Initiate

Why is it that some of the items they have shown add skill levels between not just 2 classes, but 3?

Is this a feature of their "Item Modification System" where a person has the capacity to make a poor choice (namely, the choice of adding a skill bonus, from a separate competing class, to the item?)

Or is this the sign. The sign of 3.

There are some other possibilities. Here is one: The names of some kills GD has listed for inquisitor and necromancer will change fundamentally, and their present names will be used to either (a) rename preexisting abilities of the original classes or (b) create new abilities to the original classes (with those names).

Last edited by sudhirking; 09-14-2017 at 07:38 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:42 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirking View Post
Why is it that some of the items they have shown add skill levels between not just 2 classes, but 3?

Is this a feature of their "Item Modification System" where a person has the capacity to make a poor choice (namely, the choice of adding a skill bonus, from a separate competing class, to the item?)

Or is this the sign. The sign of 3.
They're tri-class items. For example, if an item gives +1 to soldier with +3 to flame touched and +3 to solael's witchfire, it's designed to be used by both commandos and witchblades. Items have to be tri-class because as new classes are added, the number of dual class possibilities increases exponentially. Accordingly, it's not very feasible to design numerous items in all equipment slots for every dual class combo; there has to be some overlap.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:21 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by durruti View Post
i'll take my hat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricius View Post
My bet is the Wendigo faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dikkiedik View Post

Spoiler!

1. Malmouth Resistance
2. Aetherial Vanguard
3. ???
4. Dogs..err.. I mean Beast Faction
5. Coven of Ugdenbog

I am very much in favor of a Wendigo Faction but I have my doubts
The Castle symbol doesn't have the Wendigo vibe to me

--------
Quote:
Quote:
Nydiamar Mod
Old 09-14-2017, 08:34 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
I am very much in favor of a Wendigo Faction but I have my doubts
The Castle symbol doesn't have the Wendigo vibe to me
Agree about the icon not having any Wendigo vibe. But when you go to the past dev's streams, Zantai is running through his magical room that has all the game items on the floor, including expansion items and relics. Of course there are also faction items, the new names were "Coven", "Malmouth" and "Wendigo", both normal and elite versions, so it's almost a confirmation.
Playing the guessing game here, but maybe it will be a lone hermit-shaman faction, living in castle ruins that you can befriend or kill him/her and take the treasure he/her has gathered? Just like in Anasteria's case, there will be pro's and con's of doing one or the other.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:37 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzblaster View Post
They're tri-class items. For example, if an item gives +1 to soldier with +3 to flame touched and +3 to solael's witchfire, it's designed to be used by both commandos and witchblades. Items have to be tri-class because as new classes are added, the number of dual class possibilities increases exponentially. Accordingly, it's not very feasible to design numerous items in all equipment slots for every dual class combo; there has to be some overlap.
for someone that enjoys testing several classes, the xpax is gold
Old 09-14-2017, 08:38 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojotek View Post
Agree about the icon not having any Wendigo vibe. But when you go to the past dev's streams, Zantai is running through his magical room that has all the game items on the floor, including expansion items and relics. Of course there are also faction items, the new names were "Coven", "Malmouth" and "Wendigo", both normal and elite versions, so it's almost a confirmation.
Playing the guessing game here, but maybe it will be a lone hermit-shaman faction, living in castle ruins that you can befriend or kill him/her and take the treasure he/her has gathered? Just like in Anasteria's case, there will be pro's and con's of doing one or the other.
Well I hope it is a Wendigo Faction, I like the general idea. And thanks for the info.

--------
Quote:
Quote:
Nydiamar Mod

Tags
art, grim misadventure, itemization