Old 09-30-2017, 07:15 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
Um, interesting. I just tried to access the website again using Firefox and got the deceptive website message again. By the time I'd replied to that again Firefox said it had timed out on accessing the site. Tried again and got the deceptive message again, but still no access to the site on Firefox or by using my old IE10 browser.
I tried it with my Google Chrome, used to I didn't get the warning (when I first signed up) but now it is. But yeah, I'm getting the same timeout message. "This site can’t be reached

www.titanquest.net took too long to respond.
Search Google for titanquest net
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"
Old 10-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Initiate

Hi, I keep checking this thread regularily for news, but it seems our beloved site is gone forever this time... I miss the community. We really need a new home. I want to thank grinninglich for his work on making a new forum. The steam forums are just not enough for the old sworn fans of Titan Quest. Best regards!
Old 10-01-2017, 04:28 PM
Supporter

well, i dont think its gonne for ever, last time it was 6 months i belive ? but lets have some faith, im sure it will be back at some point
Old 10-01-2017, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

No, only about 2 months though it felt much longer! Went down in May last year and was back up again in July.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:22 PM
Initiate

Old 10-01-2017, 06:08 PM
Acolyte

grinninglich and I agreed to work on new forum, but he won't be much active in this month so it will be delayed for now, unless I get free programmer to help me with scripts and fixing codes. I know many things about managing forums, but need help since my knowledge about codding is low. So all that I need is someone capable to follow my tasks.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:46 PM
Herald

Is there a guide or tutorial on the suggest "must have" mods for TQ? I never used any mods for that game and I'm curious to see what's out there.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:49 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg View Post
Is there a guide or tutorial on the suggest "must have" mods for TQ? I never used any mods for that game and I'm curious to see what's out there.
You can only use them one at a time, so it's not like you can mix and match the best ones as with Skyrim. They all offer different experiences so it's up to you.

If you want a new map, there's only one mod afaik, and that's Lilith.

If you want difficulty, there's a few. Xmax (and similarly named mods) will scale the amount of enemies, even bosses. Achilles makes more heroes and ramps up hero/boss stats. Uber makes everything insanely hard, similar to achilles but harder. MassBosses makes like 9 bosses spawn, and I think increases the hero spawn rate.

If you want new masteries, there's a ton (since they're the easiest to create). Paths, Masteries, Destiny, ASYLUMSMOD, Diablo2Immortal and a few others are the "big" mastery mods with completely new masteries. Then there's a few 'rebalanced' or rethought mastery mods, like Underlord and Legion of Champions which retain the original 9 masteries but recreate the playstyle.

Last edited by ASYLUM101; 10-02-2017 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:08 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
You can only use them one at a time, so it's not like you can mix and match the best ones as with Skyrim. They all offer different experiences so it's up to you.

If you want a new map, there's only one mod afaik, and that's Lilith.

If you want difficulty, there's a few. Xmax (and similarly named mods) will scale the amount of enemies, even bosses. Achilles makes more heroes and ramps up hero/boss stats. Uber makes everything insanely hard, similar to achilles but harder. MassBosses makes like 9 bosses spawn, and I think increases the hero spawn rate.

If you want new masteries, there's a ton (since they're the easiest to create). Paths, Masteries, Destiny, ASYLUMSMOD, Diablo2Immortal and a few others are the "big" mastery mods with completely new masteries. Then there's a few 'rebalanced' or rethought mastery mods, like Underlord and Legion of Champions which retain the original 9 masteries but recreate the playstyle.
Here comes my problem. I was playing Asyluth, Incubus+Druid on Insane Lilith (only Infinite Lilith is available as harder than this difficulty) and that was very very hard. Each mistake will means death and playing it require a lot of farming before going to next mission (what I mean here for Lilith its especially hard to start from level1, there are things which can kill you in single strike like bird in Dead's Path, one time quest about thieves Cemetery/Mausoleum - I died after single hit there from Glelis, and many monsters later). So my point is that Lilith can be very hard so thinking to relax and going straight ahead means dying for sure.
- Now I installed Destinies (playing Chivalry+Shamanism) and expectations were great with m4ssboss3s difficulty, but from this "MassBosses makes like 9 bosses spawn, and I think increases the hero spawn rate." all that I noticed is how its hard to play vs higher level than myself, so its mostly easy 1 direction game. I'm thinking how maybe the problem is how m4ssboss3s is not installed properly or not installed at all and not sure can I change difficulty to xmax or Achilles without losing my progress? I know how for Lilith we can change difficulty anytime, but Lilith is not working like Destinies where you have to open Destinies from starting the game with any character and then to load there Destinies character which is weird, but reduces the chance to load character in wrong mod.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Stg as Asylum101 says there are quite a few mods out there so it really depends on what you want to play. Also some like Achilles and Typhoon are not well balanced which makes them more difficult to play if starting them from scratch with a new toon at L1 - really they're more for farming purposes than anything else. Xmax which is better balanced comes with the option of increasing mobs x2, x3, x4 or a full x10 and bosses comes in 3s, M4ssboss3 increases them even more with heroes spawning in groups of x5/6 and most bosses spawning x24 in the original game and x12 in Immortal Throne - which means fighting the Gorgon Sisters you're facing 72 of them! You can often get so much lag with this mod when trying to fight in tight spaces that you simply have to give up and go back to normal game to progress. I get this particularly when tackling the Scarab Lord x24 down in the Rhatokis Library - my computer simply can't handle it. Also around the exit from Chang'an to head up to Wusuo mountain is very laggy.

If pets are your thing then Bumbleguppy's Legion of Champions is a must try. All masteries now have several pets each to play with plus he's also changed a lot of the skills as well as adding extra gear sets, additional heroes, nasty traps when you open things, etc, etc.

Tags
titan quest