Old 10-18-2016, 10:28 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henusbertus View Post
We are playing grimmest and are act2 with some heroes on normal/veteran.
I have a Frost/Terror combo, but it seems so useless... - i understand that retaliation build, but other than that, what can it do?
Besides be an unkillable life-stealing icecube?

Nothing.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:34 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waves_Blade View Post
Besides be an unkillable life-stealing icecube?

Nothing.
sounds boring as fuck tbh...

No seriously, does anyone have a build for that masteries that can do something (except being an iceblock)?

I mean melee in general, its quite frustrating for me, no matter what build i try, in this mod you can not do melee - at least it seems to me! No matter how good my defensive stats are, you get just to much incoming dmg from 1000s of monsters.
On the other hand when i look at melee heroes, their skills are single target or 3-5 targets at max, how is that supposed to fit together!?

Last edited by Henusbertus; 10-18-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:51 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathanious View Post
You can Fork the source files HERE on github. Then you can download all of the source material. If you are just starting with modding, I would suggest getting a standalone mastery; this worked really well for me. I like the Coronus class and it's source material is available. With a small project, it's easier to manage data while you get a feel for things.

I would also suggest watching Ceno's video HERE. And check out the Modding - Tutorials and Help section.
So a BIG BIG BIG thank you for posting the source files! Now I need help though. When I install the DAIL mod how do I move these text files into the asset manager? Just copy and paste? Or what?
Old 10-18-2016, 11:12 PM
Initiate

So I noticed each file is named something after a folder. So I made a folder called source in the DAIL mod folder and moved the stuff in there. I can see it all now. Did I do that right?
Old 10-18-2016, 11:13 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuicsus View Post
So I noticed each file is named something after a folder. So I made a folder called source in the DAIL mod folder and moved the stuff in there. I can see it all now. Did I do that right?
Those source files are obsolete. Mod at your own risk. I will get v57 source files up after it is release later this week. Edited the Release thread to remove that link as to prevent future confusion.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:23 AM
Initiate

Oh! I thought that was the new release up! Well that makes sense... okay thanks again! And thanks for not getting annoyed with me =)
Old 10-19-2016, 08:59 PM
Supporter

So, back to builds!!

I am using the retaliation Waves_Blade mentioned to kill the mobs, but what should i do with the rest of my skills!?
What to go for to kill off single bosses (or fewer enemies)?
Old 10-19-2016, 09:05 PM
Herald

I'm playing an Earth+ demo melee build and am having fun. Both have + fire buff and active fire retaliation type buffs. And then you can also grab a hard hitting skill like mortars or flame orb for tougher mobs.

You may want to wait until I get the gq update in.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathanious View Post
I'm playing an Earth+ demo melee build and am having fun. Both have + fire buff and active fire retaliation type buffs. And then you can also grab a hard hitting skill like mortars or flame orb for tougher mobs.

You may want to wait until I get the gq update in.
How do you survive the moments when 1000 enemies charge at you? Do you also use skills which make you invulnerable for a certain amount of time?
Old 10-19-2016, 09:46 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henusbertus View Post
How do you survive the moments when 1000 enemies charge at you? Do you also use skills which make you invulnerable for a certain amount of time?
I toss a mortar then hit stone form. I take no damage while fire armors and mortar melt face. I'll post a little video tonight.