Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 09-16-2018, 03:54 PM
Champion

Quote:
Edit: what's all this talk about caster armor being bad? This isn't 1.0.2.0 lol. You don't see much caster armor cause you don't see much offhand casters nowadays. Weapon dmg builds are the meta right now in terms of cruci clears and your traditional caster doesn't have that. Doesn't mean caster armor or casters in general are bad. Also another reason caster armor isn't seen often is the spirit requirement. It's not normal to reach 600 spirit unless you're arcanist. And outside of binder, Arcanist isn't hot right now.
you don't see much caster armor builds cause most casters were posted before. And the reason why they were posted before is obious - most autoatackers couldn't compete in high level crucible w/o DA stacking or some dirty tricks, like perma MoT .
Old 09-16-2018, 05:05 PM
Praetorian

Then again - there are two kinds of casters - those that have to facetank and those that can kite freely without dps loss. The latter don't really need more than 2k armor. It sucks for the former though.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:27 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontwannaknow0 View Post
You admit caster armor are mostly useless but then ultimately say the game shouldn't be blamed if a person chooses to use them? That is absurd; if caster armor are underpowered in armor rating then why shouldn't players be able to complain?

Armor rating mechanics are a significant weakness of this game I think; the game difficulty varies way too much between low armor and high armor. Even with life-steal abuse or other survival tricks the risk of death is too much greater. I don't like PoE but at least in that game you can't reduce physical damage taken to/close to 0 from most of the game's monsters permanently.
If a person chooses something that's not working for their build, they're to blame, not the game, yes.

And i didn't say that caster armor are generally useless, just if you want to facetank things (and i even mentioned some exeptions too).

Caster armor ar perfectly fine for dot builds, pet builds, rotational/cd casters, anyone who can deal damage without facetanking stuff (as Stupid Dragon kinda just said).
Gallop, you plan to add, podzemele bagels?
Old 09-23-2018, 12:35 PM
Acolyte

A question: Will oathkeeper have any mobility skill like a pseudo-blink or a bonus to movement speed?
Old 09-23-2018, 01:19 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellkn View Post
A question: Will oathkeeper have any mobility skill like a pseudo-blink or a bonus to movement speed?
It has 2 movement skills IIRC

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Last edited by Chthon; 09-23-2018 at 01:21 PM.