Old 01-06-2019, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzybas View Post
Since all the Oathkeeper skills were spoiled is there anyway you guys could pass Oathkeeper data to Grimtools guy ? I realize the numbers will change couple more times before expansion release but it would be fun to play around with build ideas in the meanwhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USER_NAME_01 View Post
If Dammitt wanted to, he'd already implement that. Taking in account he posted AoM data to Grimtools about a month or more before AoM came out, he probably already has all FG data or most of it.
This. Dammit already has the info for playtesting purposes. We need to plan out builds out too you know. However, Dammit won't release the info until Zantai says it's okay for him to do so. As USER_NAME_01 says it'll probably be released ahead of FG being available, but exactly when that will be is up to Zantai to decide.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:00 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by USER_NAME_01 View Post
If Dammitt wanted to, he'd already implement that. Taking in account he posted AoM data to Grimtools about a month or more before AoM came out, he probably already has all FG data or most of it.
As far as i know he was given the data or maybe permission to post the data. Even if he has access to everything he propably doesnt want to publish it without permission or even against Crate's wishes. Zantai said on one of his streams that they will give him the data couple days before expansion drops to occupy us i just thought maybe they could pass oathkeeper data sooner.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:02 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
...USER_NAME_01...
Wow, you spelled my name right. Usually you either miss something there or just skip the numbers. Good job.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:03 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
This. Dammit already has the info for playtesting purposes. We need to plan out builds out too you know. However, Dammit won't release the info until Zantai says it's okay for him to do so. As USER_NAME_01 says it'll probably be released ahead of FG being available, but exactly when that will be is up to Zantai to decide.
Exactly, im not asking for Dammit to break the NDA just if Zantai maybe would consider greenglighting releasing Oathbreaker grimtools sooner - as i said i know the numbers aren't final , just got hyped after last stream
Old 01-07-2019, 09:43 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
I think you may be taking this a bit out of context. Grava has over 800 hours in Grim Dawn from various playtesting sessions and working on the game. He is not a hardcore ARPG player though and does not study the mechanics as in-depth as many players here.

I myself have well over 1500 (and that's only counting the hours after Grim Dawn was first put on Steam).

What we do not do is go out of our way to play Grim Dawn in our off hours. If all we played is Grim Dawn, we would never have an opportunity to absorb other games and thus draw inspiration and lessons from them.

Except it was:

I appreciate that you prefer my streams, but we don't do these streams to exclusively spoil new info. And not everybody watching has necessarily seen previous streams.

Last time I streamed, I barely progressed into Ultimate at level 1, whereas Grava went considerably further.
Odd, I checked when he hovered over it but I did not see the HP shown.
I can fully understand if a developer does not play as much as a hardcore player. After all, for you guys this is work while we do it for fun - I can totally get it that you'd do play something else.
But yeah, in general I do prefer your streams.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:49 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzak View Post
Rude much? Dev streams are meant to show some of the stuff the devs are working on, with perhaps some spoilers here and there, and also to communicate better with their fanbase... these streams are focused into bringing information, and aren't meant for the devs to show their "mad skillz".

So what if Zantai or even Grava are showing the same skills they showed on a previous stream? Has it ever occured to you that some people might not have watched those other streams, and that perhaps even now, there might still be people unnaware that GD is getting another expansion?

Not to mention that the devs needs to kepp their attention on the chat, aswering the overwhelming amounts of questions from players in regards of the xpac.

Sounds like you should just stop watching dev streams and go watch other players streaming instead.
Sorry but I do watch a lot of streams - not just for this game - hence why I said this could have been planned better. And this wasn't the first Grava stream I watched, but one of many.
I just watched a stream for Age of Wonders-Planetfall about a month ago. Now of course, it is a very different hgame, being a turn based strategy, but there the streamer started off introducing a new race by starting the game, explaining character creation and basics, then went on to explain the race's special skill trees etc and did a few turns of gameplay. Then, he basically loaded a pre-saved game of the same map from many rounds later (which likely he did in the editor) where both he and the enemy were more advanced, so he can show of high level units and larger battles.
Just saying that this could be done better. I might have gotten a bit annoyed, but it is because I love this game, and I came in expecting to find out something new, then only got a repeat of the last stream with a few extras. And as other said - just read back on this topic - he keeps making the same mistakes in all his streams. I understand for many people this is entertaining, but I just watch streams to find out more information, so I guess our reasons differ.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:26 AM
Advocate

Any chance this week for a stream?
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1908  
Old 01-17-2019, 04:32 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Eager for some Forgotten Gods? Get your first look inside the land of the Korvan people during our dev livestream this Friday on Twitch at 2PM EST (7PM GMT).

You may even get an early look at what our mysterious major feature coming in patch v1.1.0.0 is.

Come hang out with the devs!

https://www.twitch.tv/crateentertainment
Old 01-17-2019, 04:35 PM
Herald

I'm having a hard time kindof 'grasping' the theme and general idea of the Oathkeeper..is this like, a Templar type guy? Holy soldier type deal?
Old 01-17-2019, 04:39 PM
Champion

Oow sweet! I will definitely be there.