Old 11-29-2013, 05:59 AM
Praetorian

Pyromancer: Wicked Pyromaniac - Assault foes from afar with bullets/bolts imbued with the power of fire and chaos while lobbing bombs into crowds of enemies.
  • Solael's Witchfire adds a significant amount of chaos damage to basic attacks.
  • Fire Strike and Explosive Strike add fire damage, burn damage, and an AoE to basic attacks.
  • Canister Bomb works wonders against groups of foes. Blackwater Cocktail is a viable alternative, if desired instead.
- Recommended Weapon: Any ranged weapon that increases chaos or fire damage (Witchstalker, Devil's Mark, Leander Greene's Hand Cannon). The Boltspitter is a decent alternative due to its attack speed bonus.
- A level 50 version of this build might look something like this.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:16 AM
Counsel

Updated again!

And thank you all for the builds!
Old 11-29-2013, 04:49 PM
Herald

This is my commando http://tinyurl.com/n33yezm

The is my first build, and after improving it, I decided to go with a tanky ranged build. without any of the resistance that the warden uses in his attacks, I'm able to stand still and take 10 hits total from him before I go into low health with all buffs activated. while i'm standing still I nuke the boss with flash bang bombs, and grenades, until I need to kite from afar to get the health regen plus buffs back up. rinse and repeat. IS there anything I can do with my current play style to effectively farm him better?

It usually takes about 10 minutes to kill him.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:11 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankaikiller View Post
IS there anything I can do with my current play style to effectively farm him better?
You have very dispersed build so it is not a surprise you get issues with the most difficult boss in the game. Remove all points but 1 from the initial FS skill and put them to Grenado. It would be also safe to put there 2 points from your secondary Flashbang tier. Then just stack up %physical damage or %total damage bonuses and you should be fine.

I would do something like this from your build to not hurt the main idea much but make it capable to do quick work on Warden and other bosses.

Last edited by Raven; 11-30-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Initiate

I love guides like this, hopefully it continues to grow.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:39 AM
Counsel

Still up for builds. Need a pure Nightblade and Demolitionist.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Emissary

Bumping this thread as I've put together another video build guide for a melee focused Occultist. Click here for the thread

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/klo0ga
Old 12-11-2013, 12:54 AM
Praetorian

Canister Bomb Build

Used this in Grimmer mod and it's really powerful when it comes to clearing out enemies. I probably didn't even have the best gear so it's damage output could even be increased. For the normal game (without grimmer mod) it would probably be super devastating since enemies would be easier.

Also for stats I went half and half for spirit/cunning and probably 3 points into physique for equipment. Energy wise you won't run out very often due to the cooldown. Might be an idea to change vindictive flame for flash bang searing light for better survival since this is more of a caster build.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Praetorian

Dual Wielding Meister: This is a nice build that tears through groups of opponents. You can keep up a nice pace with good damage and survivability in both large groups as well as boss fights.
  • Dual Blade skill allows for more attacks. Allowing the Cadence to go off a lot faster and fluid giving you some nice high damage taking out opponents hard and fast.
  • The Fighting Form passive gives Bleed over time damage which is perfect against bosses. In groups of opponents it gives a fair chance to take out a few of them faster. The Anatomy of Murder synergies nicely to increase bleed damage. While its cunning raises your raw damage.
  • Whirling Death is a passive for Dual Blades which allows you to deal with hordes of opponents that little bit faster. Just like FF it does Bleed over time. And once again Anatomy of Murder makes it that little bit more powerful.
  • Pneumatic Burst is there so that the meister can keep up its pace instead of having to stop for health. Its short cool down and high health return is perfectly spammable. On top of that it gives you a fair amount of additional damage as well. When you deal with the Warden you can use PB to heal most of the damage done to you even when your Aether resistance is at 0%.
  • Blade Barrier is there when you go to Depraved Sanctuary. However it is also usable, on rare occasions, against the Warden. When he, and Harbingers, die they explode. The Blade Barrier nullifies that damage and lets you survive.

Gear
I've used self found gear. 'Cept for the weapons. As soon as possible the Warden Verdict maces were used as Dual Wield weapons. From that moment on it looked as if the Meister was using the opponents skulls as a drum set. At lvl24 dual wielding Salazar's Ch'tonic swords with summoning Harbingers. Other then that try to get gear with the highest possible armor, lots of different resists and then balance it out with some additional health, cunning and such as you see fit.

For crafting try to add as much cunning as possible to increase damage output and Offensive Ability. Which in turn increases crit chance. With 400-450 OA you do x2 crit regularly against opponents. You'll be seeing 200-350 damage numbers flying by almost constantly with crits doing 450+. And that is when you're only lvl18 taking on the Warden for the first time. After that it only gets better. In the amulet a watch that gives 10% elemental resist. Ring a completed set that gives some Chaos resist.

I was lucky to get three Zealot's Gauntlets. In short look for better gear and use your own judgement. As long as your cunning is high as well as your resistances around 40%. As for the resistances. You don't really need them until after the Flooded Passage. That is the time you'll get swamped by elemental attacks and its time to start building up those resists.

Attributes
I placed the first 5 points into Physique to ensure the ability of wearing the latest possible gear without problem. After that everything went into cunning.

lvl25+ build?
Should we be able to go further then lvl25 I'd probably complete Cadence and the Dual wield trees. Followed by Anatomy of Murder as well as Pneumatic Burst at its passives to avoid future attacks and do additional cold damage.

https://www.twitch.tv/Giblix

Last edited by Gibly; 12-11-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibly View Post

Gear
I've used self found gear. 'Cept for the weapons. As soon as possible the Warden Verdict maces were used as Dual Wield weapons. From that moment on it looked as if the Meister was using the opponents skulls as a drum set. At lvl24 dual wielding Salazar's Ch'tonic swords with chance of summoning Harbingers. Other then that try to get gear with the highest possible armor, lots of different resists and then balance it out with some additional health, cunning and such as you see fit.

Your swords have a chance of summoning harbingers? Weird. The Salazar blades I get just give me harbinger summons I can hot key with long cooldowns.
Closed Thread

Tags
build, build compendium