Old 05-03-2012, 01:06 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZx View Post
ok, i think what i am asking is what is the soonest i can play? and how much would i need to pledge in order to play soon..

Ps.
"kickstarter" could imply demo or beta and i read on another thread some talk of a pre-release release similar to that of POE of which i am also a supporter. The deciding factor of my support was that they offered up a good portion of the game to sample and much to my delight i was very pleased with the content. i am pretty sure i will love GD as well, however i would feel alot more willing to open my wallet and contribute to the cause as it were if i had something to sink my teeth into. The kickstarter vid also seemed to imply that much of the core game is completed so it does not seem unrealistic to make such a request.. would it be too difficult? are there reasons for not doing a beta soon? is the plan to release the whole thing at once? Anyway i may donate anyway; it would just be awesome to have at least a sample=]
You have 3 options really. That come with different play times.
18 dollar tier = final release
35 dollar tier = beta access + final release
50 dollar tier = alpha + beta + final release

For information on Alpha + beta here you have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Releases

Alpha Release
We're not far off from a minimalist alpha where players can replay a small chunk of the world that comprises about 3-4 hours of gameplay. With the enemy level caps off, it could be replayed up to level 30.

The following is a rough list of the most significant tasks that would need to be finished:
  • Finish off the green starting area levels and part of the yellow slums area.
  • Get at least a main starting quest-line in and polish up some of the existing quest prototypes that can serve as sidequests.
  • Finish up the 3 nearly complete skill classes
  • A few other programming and design tasks

Rough estimate is that this will take 6-8 months to complete with our current resources.

Beta Release
The time between alpha and beta will depend on whether we want to shoot for a real content-complete beta or more of a Minecraft or Path of Exile style beta where the game is more complete than alpha but still in development. I'm thinking we're probably going to want to go with the work-in-progress style beta. I think we would still want to aim to have a more significant level of content built out though and this could take some time. With our current resources, it might 4-6 months from the start of alpha but we won't know until we see how alpha goes.

Final Release
We can't really provide a good estimate right now given our current situation. Getting to the full release is mainly just a matter of filling out content though at this point.
EDIT: For the full link to check out your self http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3235
EDIT: Also keep in mind this is pre-kickstarter.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:15 AM
Initiate

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercrazy View Post
You have 3 options really. That come with different play times.
18 dollar tier = final release
35 dollar tier = beta access + final release
50 dollar tier = alpha + beta + final release

For information on Alpha + beta here you have it.

EDIT: For the full link to check out your self http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3235
EDIT: Also keep in mind this is pre-kickstarter.

Thank You!
and LOL @ pre-kickstarter
looks like i will be giving crate $50
Old 05-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Initiate

think i will put $64.. i would have liked the $85 but only it only comes with 1 game copy? almost makes more sense to pay $32+$64=$86 which means i get 4 copies (can this be done or have to be on separate account)?

anyone know how much the DLC will cost? otherwise i'll probably just buy that after..

Last edited by sebo; 05-03-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
think i will put $64.. i would have liked the $85 but only it only comes with 1 game copy? almost makes more sense to pay $32+$64=$86 which means you get 4 copies (can this be done or have to be on separate account)?
True, but you get some other bells and whistles with the $85 tier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
anyone know how much the DLC will cost? otherwise i'll probably just buy that after..
The initial release is going to retail for approximately $20, I believe. So we can expect that or less for the DLC's I would imagine.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:56 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluga View Post
True, but you get some other bells and whistles with the $85 tier.

The initial release is going to retail for approximately $20, I believe. So we can expect that or less for the DLC's I would imagine.
oops, i got my math slightly wrong. from reading the only difference in the $85 is the DLC and pet, the digital map/wallpaper doesn't much value.

i'm hoping the DLC will be under $10.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:09 AM
Speaker

Very happily upgraded from my Legendary pre-order to the $100 package. Wish I could have given more.

Please Join, Track, or Like our page to help support an indie game development team!
http://www.moddb.com/games/flesh-asunder
http://www.facebook.com/fledglingstudios
Old 05-03-2012, 02:40 AM
Emissary

I just bought the Digital Deluxe Edition. I wish I could have done more. I didn't want to upgrade, because I wanted : 1/ to give you more money and 2/ to keep my status of early funder.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:03 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtydog2k3 View Post
I'm curious. When Crate reaches it's $280k at the last day and that Kickstarter and Amazon takes the funding, whatever amount Crate is left with, is it still enough for them to cover everything for the game they need from the funds? As in contents and such? I just wonder since I wonder if Crate is expecting to have that 280K or they realize some of the funds will be taken from KS and Amazon and can still complete the game with whatever they have left?
From my understanding, the folks at Crate had a certain sized game planned and enough funds to cover that amount of content to the end of production. The initial 'pre-orders' allowed them to cover a few extra costs-i'd imagine bills and food, probably-as well as an extra boss or two. I think the goal with the kickstarter (minus the money used to cover the extra incentive stuff) is to enable them to maybe farm out some asset or design work, or maybe even hire a few people full time and get the game as originally conceived and funded out the door maybe a little early and with a little bit more polish. If the pre-order thing and KS thing had never happend, we would still be getting a game, it just would have taken a lot longer and not had as much polish. They always planned on adding to it later, once the initial game sold enough to warrant it.

Feel free, anyone, to correct me if i'm wrong, of course.

Last edited by zidders; 05-03-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:34 AM
Speaker

I believe the intent is to:

A.) Increase the amount of content massively, mostly through hiring artists and other types who will work on new textures, models, etc.

B.) Add some features which may have not been possible with only 2 full-time guys working on just about everything. Even 2 very skilled guys are still going to have their hands full trying to code, model, animate, skin, and playtest.

It's pretty great to see the community here growing through KickStarter, as well as seeing the people who have been here the whole time help out even more than they already have! I'm looking forward to this game more than any other game in the last decade, to be honest. Other titles from huge AAA producers will still be good, but I feel they won't have the same raw qualities that smaller developers can put into things.
I also really like the fact that I'll be able to play GD and say "I helped make this game possible, in my own way." You don't get the same sense of connection with other games from giant companies.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:42 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrock View Post
The Kickstarter is now at approximately the halfway point and we're at 85% funded and over the 240k mark.
For some reason it feels like we are waaaay more than half way through to me. The end seems so close.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."

Tags
forum use, game key, kickstarter, pvp, website