Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 02:10 PM
Initiate

Yeah, I tried to test it myself last night and left more confused than I started. Doesn't help that my frame rate's abysmal; I've been relying on my CPU's integrated graphics since my dedicated graphics card died. It did look like you're right about the Cadence damage only applying to one hit.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:58 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chermon View Post
Yeah, I tried to test it myself last night and left more confused than I started. Doesn't help that my frame rate's abysmal; I've been relying on my CPU's integrated graphics since my dedicated graphics card died. It did look like you're right about the Cadence damage only applying to one hit.
Cadence hits, unfortunately, with just one hand.
When dual wielding you have chance of 50% to hit with both hands and 50% to hit with one hand.
If cadence occurs when you are hitting with both hands one hand will commence cadence attack and other one will hit like regular attack (100% weapon dmg).
This situation in some cases can bug, since this mechanic was fixed/changed not so long ago, but I would say it only tends to bug visually and other hand can look like it did some wps but in reality it didn't. I pulled that conclusion by observing values of the hits when that occurs and it looked to me that they were regular hits or in other word I never noticed, as example, execution value hit (which is substantially stronger than regular one) to occur.
Im not 100% sure about the bug thing but it seemed to look like that.

Last edited by JoV; 08-04-2017 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:04 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
but I would say it only tends to bug visually and other hand can look like it did some wps but in reality it didn't. I pulled that conclusion by observing values of the hits when that occurs and it looked to me that they were regular hits or in other word I never noticed, as example, execution value hit (which is substantially stronger than regular one) to occur.
I can definitely say that WPS may proc during a Cadence hit, not sure if it was different in the past. You will see the animation, the first hit (AQC, all others hit at the same time) will be a Cadence hit with the follow up hits being whatever WPS was procd.

I unequiped/equipped items to make my damage variance low (+-500 to the below) and noted all crits.
On an Execution attack the numbers looked like:
C ~ 10,000
E ~ 6,000

On a Shears attack:
C ~ 10,000
S ~ 3,000

On a AQC attack
C ~ 10,000
A ~ 2,000
A ~ 2,000

default attack ~ 2,000

There are two bugs : If you attack to slow, the WPS animation won't proc, although you may still get the 2nd had hit damage. I say this because some of Cadence dual wield attacks(no WPS animation) had an offhand hit of 5,000 (Execution) or 3,000 (Shears). Only AQC seems to suffer from this bug (as you miss the 3rd hit), but no one should be attacking that slowly unless they are testing (its just to confuse us)

Second bug: If you proc WPS during a Cadence hit, the Cadence icon will bug and not disappear. The stacking and triggering still work separate from the icon. This is actually an interesting bug, because you can use it to determine when you get WPS. Just watch your Cadence icon while fighting mobs, it should flash on and off quickly, but sometimes it will just linger - when it does you are proccing WPS

A final interesting note: no attack can give you two Cadence stacks, no matter the number of hits, and this includes a default dual wield attack. The only thing that speeds up a Cadence hit is when you proc a dual wield attack during a Cadence hit. Regardless of WPS animation or not, you get to expend the Cadence stacks and get 1 stack in the same attack.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Champion

I was almost assured its only visual bug, but if your testing are correct that simply means that there isn't any better default attack replacer for WPS based build than cadence. Not just that DM buffs all your WPS hits but cadence also enhance your main hand WPS hit to cadence one
Closed Thread