Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 03-23-2019, 05:40 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejabrixone View Post
I tried to make a hybrid pet one, but it's still hard to cap bleed res and knowing that skele is hard to maintain in cruci, would this spec will be ok?
2 x seal of might, the third node of wolverine, Mark of Unlife, and Ateph's Will are your best bets as an Occultist.

If you're building for Crucible, bleed is not typically one of the resistances that needs to be capped without buffs, ~50 is enough.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:55 AM
Speaker

Also to note if you're willing to use green affixes, Caged Souls suffix gives bleed res too.

(not really a fan of using green affixes, but I'll use em if I have em...)
Old 03-23-2019, 09:04 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigatrev View Post
2 x seal of might, the third node of wolverine, Mark of Unlife, and Ateph's Will are your best bets as an Occultist.

If you're building for Crucible, bleed is not typically one of the resistances that needs to be capped without buffs, ~50 is enough.
I am currently trying to test this concept pre-FG, so will not have access to mark of include and ateph's will yet. Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theuberelite View Post
Also to note if you're willing to use green affixes, Caged Souls suffix gives bleed res too.

(not really a fan of using green affixes, but I'll use em if I have em...)
Caged souls seems nice. I can have it in my green boots.
Old Today, 01:17 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
Good point. Shuffled some stuff around for more DA. Also, didn't notice the RR on Reap Spirit. Yeah, manticore can be changed.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAYxjoV

Ishtak Version maybe?: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dvxE9Z
Had some free time this weekend and tweaked Maya's non Ishtak version into something slightly more to my liking. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w2635pOV

And then leveled up a fresh char to do a proof of concept type thing with replacement pieces for the Forgotten Gods equipment as near as I could get.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dv9K5Z

Ignore the augments and FG stat/skill points spent. I was too lazy to edit them to non FG ones. I did downgrade components on non FG pieces if they required Ugdenbloom because noone likes farming for those.

I liked it. It feels a little weaker than other pet set ups but it is kind of missing an entire set/raven, quite a few lightning strike points, and the ability to spawn more temp pet spiders so I am quite optimistic about the power level it should hit with FG equipment slotted in.

A few things that stood out to me. As long as you have Bard's Harp a base energy regen around 80 is more than enough for the build. So there is room to swap components or devotions to take less energy regen when building your own set up.

Unstable anomaly proved to be too much of a hassle for my liking when also casting reap spirit, ill omen, curse, blood, call, etc so I dropped it.

The reap spirit wraith duration changes in the last patch make the diviner set a lot more friendly to play in the campaign. Even with some of the longer runs between packs of mobs you will still usually have a wraith or two still with you when you engage the next pack as opposed to starting from nothing like pre patch. This also helps with agro management, at least in campaign. In the crucible... well good luck as always with the diviner set and agro... or damage since wraiths are temp pets. However not equiping an aethreach for my gloves like the last time I tried diviner did make things somewhat better.

The component and item changes I made gave me 6% more movement speed than in the FG theory craft set up... and I could really feel the difference in play more than I thought I would taking the 6% on and off for comparison. I am eyeing adjustments to my FG set up to drop Toad and pick up a 5% movement speed node and/or socketing a wardstone into the amulet just for the 3% movement speed.