Old 03-17-2019, 01:21 AM
Herald

Default Order of masteries in UI

TLDR: Order of chosen masters, left to right, are moved out of order I chose them to match the order they're listed in the "Choose a Mastery" UI list.

This is a small bug but my OCD makes me report it. Example, if I choose Shaman as my first mastery and then at level 10 I choose Arcanist, Shaman appears as my "left" mastery in the UI and Arcanist on the "right". If I then log out and log back in, the masteries have been moved so that Arcanist is the left and Shaman the right because that's the way they appear in the UI list when you choose a mastery. All masteries behave like this and I prefer my masteries appear in alphabetical so I choose them that way but its annoying when they get changed from that order to match some other UI's order that isn't in alphabetical.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:27 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
TLDR: Order of chosen masters, left to right, are moved out of order I chose them to match the order they're listed in the "Choose a Mastery" UI list.

This is a small bug but my OCD makes me report it. Example, if I choose Shaman as my first mastery and then at level 10 I choose Arcanist, Shaman appears as my "left" mastery in the UI and Arcanist on the "right". If I then log out and log back in, the masteries have been moved so that Arcanist is the left and Shaman the right because that's the way they appear in the UI list when you choose a mastery. All masteries behave like this and I prefer my masteries appear in alphabetical so I choose them that way but its annoying when they get changed from that order to match some other UI's order that isn't in alphabetical.
It isn't a bug. It's working as intended.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:47 AM
Praetorian

Masteries are ordered based on their enumeration, which is the order they were created and the order you see them listed. It's not a bug.

Might not be to your liking but that's just how it goes.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:37 AM
Herald

We don't know if that's their intention, that's why I reported it. The bug to me is that for ONE play session, the one you chose the mastery in, the masteries are listed in the order the PLAYER chose them (giving the player a minor control over the UI for that character) but upon logging in the next session they have now switched order to the order they are enumerated in the master list of masteries (removing that player control). Yes it is a tiny bug but switching UI elements between play sessions that the player ordered does not seem like its intentional to me.

Last edited by Marcus; 03-17-2019 at 04:47 AM.