Old 01-11-2017, 02:22 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
Easiest method is to just lock Max resist bonuses to certain item slots. Eg, only helms and/or chest pieces.
This is pretty smart.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:54 PM
Advocate

Working on the FX of a new feature. Gif attached for example.

At level 50, various bosses and hero's will get replaced by very tough uber heros. Upon killing them, you'll have a chance to absorb their essence into a gem socketable in various items, which grants an aura with various benefits/ drawbacks of the slain uber hero, and will have a low chance to proc various incredible godpowers on kill/attack/hit etc. But they will be tough, be warned.

Barrog will be replaced by Azegorim, a giant firemage that blasts meteors and lightning bolts from the sky, and can throw many Molten Shells.

His essence will grant 220% increased fire, 4020-6666 base fire damage, 20% lifesteal and 2200 health regen, but reduces attack and cast speeds by 40%, cold damage by 95%.

you will be able to stack a number of essences that further develop your builds with unique strengths/ drawbacks, and look snazzy while doing it.

For those that don't care for aura FX stacking, I will release a separate FX file that removes the charfxpaks of them, but I'm doing my best to keep it within reason.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	auras.gif
Views:	45
Size:	450.0 KB
ID:	13375  

Last edited by Heathen; 01-11-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:40 AM
Advocate

Fixed a huge number of crashes around early/ mid levels. Enemy minimum damage exceeded max in some cases, causing crashes.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:50 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
Enemy minimum damage exceeded max in some cases, causing crashes.
Game crashes when min > max?

`k.

New fx looks cool.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:00 AM
Advocate

The biggest culprit is when I accidentally add more level variations to minimum than maximum without realizing it, so when their skill levels up past a certain level, the minimum damage increases while the max stays the same.

In the end, it's a pretty dumb mistake and my fault. Definitely was avoidable.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Advocate

I'm going to leave this up, in hopes the majority of followers know what to expect.

This next patch will definitely not be designed with the questlines. The game scales permanently with the player, so you don't need to do anything more than kill the bosses I lay out. I'm taking a sandbox approach, and while im not removing the quests, the foremost way to play this mod will be sandbox, and as such, I won't be building around it. You can still do them, but again, if you don't want to, you shouldn't.

The game will now be about killing all the bosses at level 50 (new bosses replace old ones), and they will be heavily mechanical and difficult. Some may even oneshot some builds, but I will make sure it's avoidable.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:45 PM
Advocate

I am comfortable enough to set the release date of build on Friday the 20th. I'll have a full changelog up a day prior.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:07 PM
Advocate

Some very large additions for next patch.

One of the biggest additions to announce is that after you reach level 50+, many enemies will be swapped out for much more powerful entities. They will be mechanically based fights. Every one of their attacks can be lethal, but ALL are avoidable (and no cheap CC gibs, because that's not fair). They will have massive healthpools, but will grant a massive amount of experience on kill. Through one dungeon, you will get multiple levels, and they will make getting to level 150 all in a day's work.

Ghostwarrior Giant; https://youtu.be/3pVS_7ECDoo?t=1m22s

These ancient warriors have a powerful slowing stomp attack, and a chance to use Stonehammer Fists.

Blood Slith; https://youtu.be/3pVS_7ECDoo?t=3m14s

Giant, powerful Slith mages that feed off vitality. Can cast a very powerful Bloodrain attack, and uses a modified Hellfire Bats projectile.

Dark Templar; https://youtu.be/3pVS_7ECDoo?t=5m15s

This fight didn't end well for me.

The new boss of Viloths Layer upon level 50. The Dark Templar can split into 3 powerful projections, and uses a very powerful leap attack. This attack can outright kill most casters, but is very slow. Don't stray too far from them either, because they will lock you in a bone prison to trap those that run away, giving them a chance to hit you with all they have.

But there's a chance when you are victorious, that you will absorb the power he had inside a socketable gem, granting a powerful buff with both strengths and weaknesses.