Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > General Discussion

Old 02-27-2016, 02:20 PM
Acolyte

Thanks for the tips on this issue. I've been wondering how to do this for some time now
Old 02-28-2016, 12:10 PM
Herald

I want to download the files from the cloud but when i choose that option it doesn't download them.

Ah never mind i found them in here:

d:\Steam\userdata\655454\219990\remote\save\

Last edited by Mauricius; 02-28-2016 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:58 AM
Initiate

I had a Crash today and my Quest Progress is gone. Is there also a File that i can restore anywhere? I was in Elite Act 4 at the Necropolis. then i crashed. Logged back in and my complete Questlog is empty. As i jumped to Act 1 there are the Start Quests available for me. ( Was my First Char and now i guess i can start a new one
Old 03-01-2016, 04:11 AM
Initiate

For some reason copying the files from the B:\Steam\userdata\87258388\219990\remote\save folder to the folder B:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\save is not doing the trick. I cant seem to get this to work and it really sucks! Help please?
Old 03-01-2016, 10:51 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomper21 View Post
For some reason copying the files from the B:\Steam\userdata\87258388\219990\remote\save folder to the folder B:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\save is not doing the trick. I cant seem to get this to work and it really sucks! Help please?
The final location for your save should be "My Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save". My Documents might just be Documents.

Once that is done be sure to uncheck Cloud Save in Grim Dawn's game options.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Initiate

I dont think you can.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyBadAss View Post
I dont think you can.
What..... ??
Old 03-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Initiate

Could anyone help me please.
i dont have file 219990 in the game folder which other folder will hold the correct save.
also i cant seem to check/uncheck the save to cloud option in the "options menu".whenever i check it asks for restart then once restarted nothing has changed in the "network " options tab.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overpair View Post
i dont have file 219990 in the game folder which other folder will hold the correct save.
This will not show until you have cloud saving enabled and working in both Steam and GD first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overpair View Post
also i cant seem to check/uncheck the save to cloud option in the "options menu".whenever i check it asks for restart then once restarted nothing has changed in the "network " options tab.
Do you have Steam cloud saving turned on for GD in the Steam client first

If you have the Cloud saving enabled in Steam first and then you continue to have your problem with the settings in GD then I would post that as a bug in the bug forums.

Before you post as a bug, can you please restart Steam after enabling the cloud saves for GD in the Steam client, verify the GD files, start GD and if the problem still continues, exit GD, run Repair.exe from the game install folder, restart GD and you will need to reset all your settings including trying the Cloud saving in the GD options again.

If after all this you are still unable to set the Cloud Savings in the GD settings then please post this as a bug...unless someone else spots something obvious I've missed
Old 03-06-2016, 10:51 PM
Initiate

I'd like to do this but I don't have a save folder in "C:\Users\username\Documents\my games\Grim Dawn\save" to overwrite. Or is this normal if I've only used Steam cloud? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

Tags
guides, save games