Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Development Updates

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21  
Old 09-15-2014, 03:38 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
Zantai when they are in the game can you get a Legendary item as a rare upgrade from crafting/gambling?

Also, has Armour and the unique way it works in grim Dawn been explained in depth? I lose track of what has and hasn't been posted.
There may be some Legendaries you can craft.

Armor has been explained on the forum before, I forget where. It is something that will be included in the game guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okami29 View Post
Yeah, what is devotion ?

Otherwise, what would be interesting is to write the FULL damage formula taking into account...
Merriam-Webster defines Devotion as "a feeling of strong love or loyalty : the quality of being devoted", there is also "prayer, worship, or other religious activities that are done in private rather than in a religious service" but like no way it would be that.

Going through the full combat mechanics would get pretty involved for a forum post, maybe in the game guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drazac View Post
1) Few months ago, mr. Zantai said there are 100+ Legendary items in the works. I am curios, what is the number of legendary items now, and what is the estimated number on release.

2) I know you want tell us what does Devotion tab do, but can you just tell us, is devotion tab available only to those who choose single mastery path, or not.

3) I am not sure, but by the looks of it, currently, only Albert's Ray is a channeled spell. Why there are no more of these types of spells?

4) Will it possible for you to implement a multicolor item system. For example: If we roll a green item with one rare and one magic affix, let the rare affix be in green while magic in yellow, like this: Zantai's Non-telling Tongue of Unknown Devtion tab. This way, we will know if we got an rare item with one rare affix or double rare affix.

5) In TQIT, if you had enough (for example Intelligence 2000+), you could freeze a boss with a skill in Storm mastery (don't remember the name). Is it possible to debuff or overpower the boss just enough to stun them, freeze them, bleed them etc? I always thought TQ lacked in that aspect. It was fun in D3 when you freeze or stun a boss just for a second.
1) We are not ready to talk about Legendaries in detail yet

2) Devotion, if it were real, would be available for all characters.

3) There is a relic skill called Conflagration that works like Aether Ray. Other channeled spells would require new tech. Perhaps in expansions.

4) Not likely.

5) Some bosses can be crowd-controlled briefly. It varies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayaa View Post
I seem to be having some RNG problems with the Blacksmith. I'm level 35 and he's crafted me two-handed weapons in level ranges all over the board, like level 10. And he also crafted me an amazing two-hander I can use at level 36 so I think you should boost the max level now.
Seems like RNG doing its thing. The level requirement is not necessarily reflective of the item's level, it is based on the affix you roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOE View Post
And what the hell does it make in the text-files?!
Hey, look over there! It's a distraction!

Old 09-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Speaker

So.. can I expect return of Ancient Armor Plate in build 21?
Old 09-15-2014, 04:08 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleshberry View Post
So.. can I expect return of Ancient Armor Plate in build 21?
return of ancient armor plate??

is it not dropping for you?
twitch.tv/dikkiedik92

My builds: https://goo.gl/TTGM9X
Old 09-15-2014, 04:11 PM
Speaker

Since Build 20 has been implemented, I got no Ancient Armor Plates and no Attuned Lodestones. I played almost 200 hours in this build.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25  
Old 09-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Yes, there is a bug in the rare component loot table. The fix did not seem to make Hotfix 4.

Hotfix 5 and/or Build 21, whichever comes first, will include the fix.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:14 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Since Build 20 has been implemented, I got no Ancient Armor Plates and no Attuned Lodestones. I played almost 200 hours in this build.
Roughly 50 hours played this build, can confirm. None of my new characters have found a single Ancient Armor Plate or Attuned Lodestone.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
not really paid attention to those components.. only need the high level components and they drop just fine for me
twitch.tv/dikkiedik92

My builds: https://goo.gl/TTGM9X
Old 09-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
WYSIWYG
Now back to our lesser known features. Chief among them is the What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) loot system. The veterans of the game will tell you that when you see an enemy wearing armor or weapons, they will drop that equipment. Many times, that equipment will drop as “poor” quality and dissolve, but when you see an outlaw hero approaching you with a sword that sparks lightning, you know you are in for a serious fight.

While the challenge may be greater, so is the reward. When you defeat this insidious lowlife, he will also drop his ill-gained Unique item. What this boils down to is that enemies can carry powerful equipment that can seriously boost their potential while also previewing to you the deadly arsenal soon to be at your disposal. This can also really change up how you approach a fight. If a boss spawns with a weapon that burns mana, you might suddenly find yourself low on precious energy. Likewise, an enemy wearing a ring that provides high resistances might boost their survivability. The possibilities are as limitless as the combinations of loot in Grim Dawn.
This is cool but until you wrote it here I never noticed special equipment on enemies. I knew boss characters always got spawned with their weapons and you could pick them up later but I didn't know about others.

You should find a way to make it clear to players that one of the special weapons is being used. With the speed of combat, effects flying around and multiple enemies trying to kill you I never noticed they use anything special.

Suggestions would be to have Lighting weapons do a little animation like from LotR where he stops for a moment, raises the sword and lightning from the sky hits the sword.
Something cool for each type of element like fire weapons could make the whole arm burst in flame.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:40 PM
Emissary

The monsters dropping what they wear/use is probably one of my all time favourite features in TQ and Grim Dawn. I loved it from the first moment I knew about it in TQ all those years ago, it never gets old for me.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."
Old 09-15-2014, 05:32 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torin View Post
You should find a way to make it clear to players that one of the special weapons is being used.
That's already implemented. When a monster wields an item with a very distinct image, like Anarchy, it's very obvious. You just don't see that often because epics are rare, and not all of them have over the top visual effects.

I wouldn't like every weapon that has lightning damage to get some visual effect, that would take away from the "specialness" of epic's.

Item Database: http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items

Tags
crafting, grim misadventure, guides, itemization, loot, skills