Old 03-21-2017, 05:42 AM
Emissary

How many On Death procs are there that that would be an important thing to even add? And of those, how many do you really need/want against a boss? Only one I've used that I miss against a boss is Abom Might, and I just kinda accepted that I'd never have it up on a boss and built accordingly.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:49 AM
Advocate

now they have to review the necromancer deathgrips.. having weird skillss on it does not make any sense now...

Last edited by PrinceXavieR; 03-21-2017 at 05:52 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:14 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceXavieR View Post
now they have to review the necromancer deathgrips.. having weird skillss on it does not make any sense now...
And the Inquisitor prefix.

This can be solved by simply renaming it, in the case of the gloves though I think they will need to alter the skill bonuses too.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:25 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiosama TLJ View Post
And the Inquisitor prefix.

This can be solved by simply renaming it, in the case of the gloves though I think they will need to alter the skill bonuses too.
correct me if i am wrong but I dont see any issue with the inquisitor prefix.. we know inquisitors do elememtal damage.. plus the bonuses to racial damage makes sense given the purpose of the mastery as a whole

- edit... isee they could add the inquisitor skills upon release.. my bad!

Last edited by PrinceXavieR; 03-21-2017 at 06:30 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:27 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Technically, Bonds and Spirit means that it can work with a Necromancer/Shaman or a Necromancer/Occultist. Or a Conjurer, OFC. Might get a "Mythical" version, with a modifier to the Necromancer's skills, or perhaps just with more skills added on.

NO clue what they'll do for the Prefix tho. All the other Class prefixes (AFAIK) add a specific + skill...So maybe they'll just add that in.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:31 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssheepster View Post
How many On Death procs are there that that would be an important thing to even add? And of those, how many do you really need/want against a boss? Only one I've used that I miss against a boss is Abom Might, and I just kinda accepted that I'd never have it up on a boss and built accordingly.
As it stands now, I agree. There aren't enough On Death procs for it to really matter. Which is why I want more of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dioarchet View Post
Simply make that skill sacrifice ally. The player would have the choice of either Raise the Dead or Abominable Might. I don't think any other on death procs have to be sourced from a particular skill.
But if they add various on death procs to other skills in the Necromancer tree, which was the intent of my 1st suggestion, then it would make sense to be able to choose what skill to use to kill the summoned skeletons. My 2nd suggestion, which is what we've been discussing, was really just there to enable my 1st suggestion to be useful against those tougher enemies that have limited or no adds.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:38 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
correct me if i am wrong but I dont see any issue with the inquisitor prefix.. we know inquisitors do elememtal damage.. plus the bonuses to racial damage makes sense given the purpose of the mastery as a whole
Yeah, but the single mastery specific affixes are yellow and give +X to a skill of that mastery. I predict this one will be nerfed to ground, or an yellow Inquistor affix will be created and this one will be renamed to something like Demon Hunter's.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:59 AM
Advocate

going back to the necro. and judging on the facebook likes alone.. crate has hit a huge homerun here.. let's admit some of us here would have wanted a shield based class, a techno/chronomancer or even a cook mastery but going necro is the most feasible approach for the company. for the now they need all the money to expand the game further and choosing necro, being the most in demand , is definitely a step in the right direction .
Old 03-21-2017, 07:06 AM
Initiate

Just came here to say:
A necromancer, OW YEAAAAH
Oh how I waited to become leecher of lifes, reaper that grants death wishes.
Thank you Crate!
Old 03-21-2017, 07:10 AM
Emissary

Quote:
going back to the necro. and judging on the facebook likes alone.. crate has hit a huge homerun here.. let's admit some of us here would have wanted a shield based class, a techno/chronomancer or even a cook mastery but going necro is the most feasible approach for the company. for the now they need all the money to expand the game further and choosing necro, being the most in demand , is definitely a step in the right direction .
We've got a shield based class...It's called Soldier. Technomancer...? In the low tech world of GD, the highest tech we're probably getting is Demolitionist. Seriously, this class is making thermite, in the apocalypse, and it's stable enough that it's put into mines and carried around without issue. What is it being made from that more can be made....everywhere? Clearly magic.

FTR, if you meant Shield Based as in attacking with a shield...Wasn't there a Crate post somewhere saying no to dual shields? Closest we'll likely get is Forcewave, untransmuted.

Tags
grim misadventure