Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > What Else Are You Playing?

Old 04-04-2018, 02:10 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
And most of that was due to terrible balancing because the devs just stopped updating the game shortly after release. Grim Dawn is constantly updated to not have bullshit like that.

And even then, that's just handful of bosses, that's why i said nearly everything.
The difference between a clear oneshot and being 2-3-4 shot in rapid succession is moot there. The point stands, in TL2 you do not want to be hit. In GD, it is much harder to avoid being hit to begin with.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:17 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothhunter View Post
The difference between a clear oneshot and being 2-3-4 shot in rapid succession is moot there. The point stands, in TL2 you do not want to be hit. In GD, it is much harder to avoid being hit to begin with.
Except oneshot is far worse than 2 to 4 shots, because the latter i can actually survive. The former i'm already dead. The game also has Hardcore mode.

That's why i can avoid most enemies's attacks in Grim Dawn.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Emissary

Try to avoid being hit by a pack of ranged mobs while also fighting a pack of melee mobs and some boss. In TL2 that is possible and likely a good idea too. In GD it may be tedious enough to break your skill rotation but also not needed, except for the boss.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Praetorian

From experience, most of the harder attacks to dodge in Grim Dawn are weak attacks, like Skeleton archers arrows. This applies to bosses too.

In Torchlight 2, several bosses had hard hitting, difficult to dodge attacks. Same for regular enemies. I know this because they happened in a split second and i died instantly.

Last edited by Norzan; 04-04-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:43 PM
Emissary

Ranged mobs in TL2 deal too high damage too. If you have 1/3 of your hp bar removed by some pathetic archer it makes you more prone to being killed by something stronger in the next moment. And why avoiding damage is better than taking it all in your face. Being not at full hp is dangerous
Old 04-04-2018, 03:59 PM
Herald

Yo.

I'm a huge fan of Runic's so I played both TL and TL2 pretty extensively. They were really fun games with just a metric **** ton of creativity in them. Loved them immensely for all the charm and personality. However, as others have pointed out, their single biggest flaw; skills, skills and skills. If the skill system were more like GD's I would have enjoyed them on par with Diablo and Diablo2.

Still love the devs over there but I'm not sure if they'll ever get back to doing another ARPG.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:30 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrUktO View Post
in fact they did release one content patch, wasn't much though...

to me it was what D3 should have been at the time, but then came GD
I did enjoy modding TL2 though and played it for quite some time
It wasn't enough. It seems like they didn't give too much of a fuck for the game. There is a Engineer passive (the one that adds damage based on your shield's defense) that was absolutely useless because of how the damage was added, and it was never fixed at all.

Enviado desde mi 6039A mediante Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2018, 09:44 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by toapeiron View Post
It wasn't enough. It seems like they didn't give too much of a fuck for the game. There is a Engineer passive (the one that adds damage based on your shield's defense) that was absolutely useless because of how the damage was added, and it was never fixed at all.

Enviado desde mi 6039A mediante Tapatalk
I find this strange really because I remember hearing about 1 or 2 skills getting bug fixes early on (Battle Standard comes to mind) but others remain as they are.

I also recall players asking if Fusillade was meant to act the way it was (as it was a pretty divisive in terms of usability) and a developer replied that it was working as it was meant to.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:57 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmane View Post

Still love the devs over there but I'm not sure if they'll ever get back to doing another ARPG.
especially since the studio no longer exists after the release of Hob

https://www.twitch.tv/Giblix
Old 05-06-2018, 10:40 AM
Champion

I returned to Torch2 recently and I'm trying to finish HCE with melee Barb. Died at lvl 74 by some weird trap.
Anyone can recommend a good loot mod? Vanila droprates are retarded, I want something with at least 3 times increase in eye`s drops.

Tags
comparison, thoughts, torchlight