Old 04-25-2017, 06:20 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by thailehuy View Post
Your spec will run fine, but I don't think 60 FPS really matters that much, 40-50 is good enough.

Grim Dawn world is big enough, but you are generally going down one path, because you need to kill that end game boss. Some locations are random anyway so you next play will not be the same as previous one.

no he wont. The FX cpus have very low individual core power and as Grim Dawn has very poor multicore support the game is extremly bottlenecked by his CPU. He'll get rediculously low FPS in busy fights. I should know, I have the same cpu and card.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:51 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farkenel View Post
PoE is garbage. It's the spiritual successor to online economy simulator 2017 is what it is. Totally ridiculous low drop rates and extremely weighted shit rolls. If there was one game that was ever made I could rant about, it's Path of Exile. No idea why GGG values trading more than playing. Literally the only way to get rich and/or get high end gear is to trade. You do NOT get there actually playing. The game is trash and shouldn't even be brought up in the same sentence as a ARPG. It's closer to playing bingo than a ARPG. After all you don't get rich actually killing monsters.
PoE... ARPG!

"You have served the Black Legion well. We do not forget our allies."
- Deathmark Vallar
Old 04-30-2017, 11:02 PM
Supporter

This thread never necroes!

Grim Dawn, is it worth?

Three yesses from me!

Even if some things seem to be very oldschool (PoE has the same problems) like items take more than 1 square in the inventory, skill animations are. Well, they are there. Could also be more responsive for my taste. But from all ARPs I played so far it can hold my attention the most BY FAR since Diablo2.

It does what the title promises. Its Grim, the overall theme, and sometimes it Dawns (when you enter the light again after a long session in one of the rogue dungeons)
You slay mobs fast instead of mass CC the whole screen (d3) because of the insane damage you would recieve if not. I hit top 300 europe in 2 weeks of gameplay 2016 and never really touched d3 again because I was so bored of it while my GD record is at over 2000 hours since beta (most of the time the game did just run, but I didnt play actively though).

Not at least I like that you can pause the game WHENEVER you like. At least in single player.

I would recommand this game to anyone, and I do.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:10 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makian View Post
Even if some things seem to be very oldschool (PoE has the same problems) like items take more than 1 square in the inventory
Not sure if that is oldschool, but I definitely like that a lot better than a ring taking the same space as a chest armor or a 2H sword...
Old 04-30-2017, 11:21 PM
Supporter

Well, while playing TL2 for example I noticed it looks good and the pet that you can send to town not only to sell but even to buy stuff offered some fresh wind. And if you play some mmo`s you will notice there are some very elegant solutions as well meanwhile.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:14 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makian View Post
Well, while playing TL2 for example I noticed it looks good
funny, I always cringed with that in TL2. I play no MMOs, not sure what elegant solutions there are in them... not saying it has to be a grid at all, but if you go with a grid, at least to me it makes sense for item size to be somewhat reflected in how much space an item takes up
Old 05-01-2017, 01:09 AM
Champion

Played for nearly a 1000 hours, it's my favorite game from my last year (and probably this year) and it's already in my top 5 favorite games so far.

Eh, the game is alright, i can take it or leave it.

If you love ARPGs with deep customization and great lore, get the game now.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:31 AM
Initiate

Absolutely. It is well worth it And with an expac coming up with a new act, 2 new mastery's necro and inquisitor, plus all the usual exapc stuff there is not much more you could ask for action rpg wise atm.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Initiate

I'm not sure which is best if Diablo 3 or Grim Dawn. At the least they are comparable. I can just say IT IS WORTH every penny. It's a great game. I really love it Grim Dawn. I use to play Diablo 3, and I left it because of this game. This is a wonderful game. Just try it and find out by yourself.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:07 PM
Herald

Diablo 3 laughs at balance and doesn't understand the meaning of Build Diversity. Grim Dawn.... Doesn't. Not sure how D3 could be seen as comprable... Unless you're not here for the actual game itself, just the hacking/slashing. Generally if you wanted that though... You'd not go to an ARPG, where the major draw is the builds and diversity, not so much the fighting.