Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 08-27-2018, 01:11 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemok View Post
Hoping to make this my first level 100 character. Was wondering how important Solael's Flame is to this build? Looking to simplify the skill management a little and wondering if the 10 rr makes a significant difference? Is there a suitable replacement for that component?
I replaced it with a Riftstone for Chaos Strike because this build tends to clear pretty fast once it's up and running. I don't miss the extra -10% Vitality RR. I also replaced Panther/Fiend with Rat/Turtle in the devotions for a little more defense and an automatic circuit breaker. That 4200 damage absorption from Turtle is quite nice with the massive healing this build has and worth the sacrifice of crit damage IMO.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:05 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshark View Post
I replaced it with a Riftstone for Chaos Strike because this build tends to clear pretty fast once it's up and running...
Ah, thank you for the suggestions!
Old 08-29-2018, 05:10 AM
Praetorian

Yeah, Solael's Flame isn't necessary.
It adds a good damage boost and is a good Devotion binder as an instant cast debuff, and there's a fair amount of downtime as a CD caster.

If you don't want to bother with it you can just replace it with a passive stat boosting Component or the Riftstone.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:23 AM
Praetorian

This build is a lot of fun. Anyone who uses RE as a main source of dmg gets bonus points in my book since most builds seem to use it just for the -%dmg debuff.

It also has the bonus of shocking people with its massive hp pool in multiplayer despite not being sword and board. While it's more a consequence of synergy than anything else, I find the skills used just look good together too.

Its attacks are aesthetically pleasing together.

# of level 100 characters I have atm: 73

Last edited by adoomgod; 08-31-2018 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:13 PM
Speaker

So this is the first hungering void build I've tried and wondering what the best way to sustain the life drain from it is? Other than that small problem, really enjoying the build so far.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:50 PM
Praetorian

You should take HV last if you followed the leveling guide in the second post.
By the time you get it, your abilities should easily sustain the little health HV takes.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:45 PM
Initiate

Default Fantastic Build!

Thanks for posting this. Currently lvl 51 in AoM Normal and smooth as butter. Excellent guide for a new player like myself.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:32 AM
Speaker

I finally hit 85 with this build and it's tearing through everything, amazing build! I just had these drop and wondering why there is no mention in the guide for them? I'm guessing it's because of the low resists, but I'm not sure...

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/9205
Old 11-11-2018, 07:44 AM
Praetorian

They aren't bad, but a green lets you cap resists more easily yeah, and can have another useful common suffix like +100 OA or +1000 Health.
The proc on the shoulders is all right, but this build doesn't really benefit from either Attack or Cast Speed so that part is wasted.
It's not a bad item though, because it gives the right skill bonuses and a good amount of Vit %.

Glad you guys are enjoying the build.
Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM
Initiate

Great build so far. Only lvl 41 so far but i can honestly say i have never leveled so fast and easy...

Wondered about factions. Assuming its the regular befriend barrowholm and rest dont matter (well you have to side with order ofcourse heh)

Tags
ritualist