Old 04-14-2015, 03:42 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
As I understand it, the Nemesis chest spawns with the Nemesis monster and will always drop an Epic, so it will probably function like the chest beyond Alkamos (which always drops an Epic) except it will have heightened Legendary drop-chance as well.

Edit: Would anyone in Crate want to comment on whether Nemesis spawns are related to the "Eight in a Million" Achievement? I really hope they're not and that that achievement is connected to something else, but
Yes I would believe the chest will always spawn otherwise it wouldn't be a good idea to keep looking for the Nemesis spawns after killing each one. Considering they will be randomly spawned across all areas where their faction can appear - and that they are a more challenging boss - it does make sense to have a good reward for defeating them. Definitely would suck having a Nemesis spawn with some heroes in a an area with lousy terrain.

I don't think that achievement is in relation to the Nemesis spawns. I would guess it to be challenge bosses like in Titan Quest which appear in later difficulties (so 4 in Epic difficulty and the other 4 in Ultimate difficulty).
Old 04-14-2015, 05:53 AM
Counsel

It reminds me famous "Diablo Walks the Earth". Hope those Nemesises will not be so powerful like uber bosses in D2.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:41 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerM View Post
It reminds me famous "Diablo Walks the Earth". Hope those Nemesises will not be so powerful like uber bosses in D2.
I bet they will be quite powerfull! They are Ultra-bosses and part of the toughest ennemies among Grim Dawn
Old 04-14-2015, 08:28 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtek View Post
i bet they will be quite powerfull! They are ultra-bosses and part of the toughest ennemies among grim dawn :d

im pure madness... Pure madness. Eh eh eh eh hahahahaha! I will see this nemesis level and raise to over 9000 power level with fevered rage.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:07 AM
Herald

when i played the game back to B11 or something like that, i used to consider the faction system like a remote and minor feature (especially regarding additional classes and acts). now that we're coming close i find the system deep, fun, and with a huge impact on the game.

these Nemesis guys look awesome, i hope we can have a few for each factions ! (also i assume than even when defeated, they will still have a chance to spawn ?)
Old 04-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
I think Dikkiedik summed up the thread nicely with his image on the first page...
I can always sum things up nicely with just one picture
twitch.tv/dikkiedik92

My builds: https://goo.gl/TTGM9X
Old 04-14-2015, 10:14 AM
Initiate

You are doing an amazing job here, the artwork and ideas are fantastic!
Old 04-14-2015, 10:35 AM
Counsel

I love it. I don't think I have played a game where negative faction could be a good thing. Or bad if you aren't playing a strong build. Sounds like they could end up like Evil Otto in Berzerk if you are playing goofy/experimental build, which could also be fun.

I am really looking forward to B25!
Old 04-14-2015, 10:54 AM
Speaker

Why no Beasts faction tho?
Old 04-14-2015, 10:59 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by valaki View Post
Why no Beasts faction tho?
Because they don't really act as a faction. They don't organize for any common cause. They are just creatures.

Tags
enemies, factions, grim misadventure, loot