Old 01-08-2018, 10:32 AM
Supporter

Ah, that's why my bookmark only got me to weird places :P
-------
~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
- Anghammarad, "Going Postal" by Terry Pratchett
Old 01-08-2018, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, site got suspended for some reason so wasn't available and then lately you ended up all over the place. Weird, since it should have just taken you back to the free hosting company's main webpage.

Anyway we're now sorted with a new paid hosting site so hopefully won't have these sudden loss of the forum problems in future.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:33 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by efko View Post
For all TitanQuest lovers - Welcome to the new home https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?action=forum

Note: Do not click on old link with byethost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
Yeah, site got suspended for some reason so wasn't available and then lately you ended up all over the place. Weird, since it should have just taken you back to the free hosting company's main webpage.

Anyway we're now sorted with a new paid hosting site so hopefully won't have these sudden loss of the forum problems in future.
Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop and setting those things straight.

It's been four m@$%* days I was trying to welcome mountainblade in the "Introduction Section" but the boards were friggin' unavailable. Good God I'll do it right away...

Also I can see I don't have to repost my Avenger Faq (I would have re-done it glady honestly) so big thanks for preserving the Community posts. Seriously I could kiss you right now.

Last edited by CrocMagnum; 02-04-2018 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling was appalling
Old 01-23-2018, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Reminder of our new website address folks.

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?action=forum

If you enjoy the game, join us there.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:21 PM
Speaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08kt3LJ5b0s&t=891s

nice to see TQ still have huge by the players

Last edited by sauruz; 05-02-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Well, well, just found out something I never knew about the game. We're discussing the turtles and squirrels that appear all over the place in TQIT over on the new forum and someone mentioned that the squirrels were used as a timing mechanism for quest events. Did the usual google thing and here's what I found, quite a recent comment from Medierra (November 2017).

"Without a doubt the hackiest thing I remember from Titan Quest is how we managed the event scripting. The quest / event tech had a major weakness in that there was no way to delay an action once it was triggered. So if you wanted something to happen 5 seconds after a player ran through some bounding volume, there was no way to set a delay. It would always be instant.

We were nearing the end of production, so it was hard to request additional features, as engineers were slammed just trying to meet their milestone deliverables. One of the QA testers had started helping out with scripting work, and figured out that there was in fact a way to delay an action from triggering based on the length of an animation.

He ended up using these squirrels we had as ambient creatures as the animation timer, and they became the default timing mechanism. He created an invisible version of the squirrel, which he would place in the levels where he needed them, then would time everything based on the duration of their idle animation. Because of his creative problem solving, he was promoted to designer on the next project."

Arthur Bruno
Owner / lead designer, Crate Entertainment

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...ing_tricks.php

And my guess, comparing the design teams of TQ and IT, is it was Dave Kondor. In the TQ manual he's credited as being Q/A - Design Implementation, but in the IT one he's part of the design team.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:33 AM
Minister of Information

That is hilarious
Old 06-06-2018, 02:37 PM
Supporter

Very nice find, Medea!
-------
~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
- Anghammarad, "Going Postal" by Terry Pratchett
Old 06-06-2018, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Wasn't me exactly Malgardian. It was Endymion over on TQF who mentioned it. I just googled and found the article he was referring to.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:27 AM
Acolyte

Interesting. So that's why there are quest related frogs in Lilith map, some frogs drop keys upon attack.

Tags
titan quest