Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Bug Reporting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-13-2018, 10:20 PM
Smitherson Smitherson is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 85
Default [1.06.1] Door doesn't open after boss kill

Despite a stated fix in 1.06, I'm still seeing an issue where a door opens visually but doesn't let a character go through. The door in question is in the tomb of Archon Barthollem, where after killing Malkadarr or Barthollem, the gate leading back to the entrance plays an opening animation but won't let a character through. This happens about 10% of the time across different characters.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-14-2018, 06:36 AM
Jaknet's Avatar
Jaknet Jaknet is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,771
Default

Are you playing via Steam, if so please verify your files via Steam first.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-14-2018, 06:59 AM
USER_NAME_01's Avatar
USER_NAME_01 USER_NAME_01 is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitherson View Post
Despite a stated fix in 1.06, I'm still seeing an issue where a door opens visually but doesn't let a character go through. The door in question is in the tomb of Archon Barthollem, where after killing Malkadarr or Barthollem, the gate leading back to the entrance plays an opening animation but won't let a character through. This happens about 10% of the time across different characters.
I agree with that. Multiple times I opened the door to Darius (or whatever was his name, the guy that has a 90% absorption shield at the first few seconds of fight and spits with aetherfire like from a minigun) and it did in fact open, but I could not go in, so I had to go away and come back. Verified game files few times but it still is there.
__________________
#NoHomoFullGay
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-14-2018, 10:56 AM
H T C H T C is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USER_NAME_01 View Post
I agree with that. Multiple times I opened the door to Darius (or whatever was his name, the guy that has a 90% absorption shield at the first few seconds of fight and spits with aetherfire like from a minigun) and it did in fact open, but I could not go in, so I had to go away and come back. Verified game files few times but it still is there.
Can confirm this happens @ times : moving away from the door, allowing it to close, and re-opening it "fixes" it.

Doesn't happen always: only on occasion.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-14-2018, 12:05 PM
FunkyGandalf's Avatar
FunkyGandalf FunkyGandalf is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 366
Default

You need to wait for the door opening animation to fully finish before attempting to go through to avoid this.
__________________
.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherial View Post
Gallop, you plan to add, podzemele bagels?
.....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-14-2018, 05:45 PM
Smitherson Smitherson is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyGandalf View Post
You need to wait for the door opening animation to fully finish before attempting to go through to avoid this.
With the Malkadarr door, it's always open by the time I finish grabbing loot. It's not like the door leading up to Cronley where you can manually reopen it to fix the issue.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.